What's new

NYPD Blue Season 12 thread (1 Viewer)

Stacy Huff

Second Unit

I find it implausible that there are that many young, pretty, female detectives in NY City. I suspect that they look more like Andy. But I could be wrong.

Only two more to go.:frowning:

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
But will he be able to keep it? Stay tuned...

And I so wish that they could have gotten Caruso back for an episode.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well, lookin' at the trouble Andy is having in the preview for next week, I almost wish tonight's was the final episode! Hopefully, he'll come out on top. It's been a long road for this guy.

So next week is two hours? If so... cool!

Ric

danak

Second Unit
If the show had ended this past Tuesday night, it would have been a good ending.

I believe the first hour of next week's show is a retrospective.

Dana

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yikes, that ain't gonna give Andy alot of time to get out of whatever hot water he's getting in to.

Ric

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think the last scene should be Andy sitting in the Boss's office looking out at everyone working with a contented smile on his face.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I find it excellent writing that Andy's decision to ask Bale to make the call came only after John's heartfelt confession that he was going to ask for a transfer if too much changed in the squad. Let us know the real depth of the sometimes awkward, always real friendship between John and Andy and reinforced John's role on the show. I've always admired Blue for portraying the true to life character of "Gay" John as a real person as opposed to a "token" used for an agenda or political statement. By allowing the character depth and development, you really believe that a man like Andy could come to trust, appreciate and yes, "love" a guy like John. Wouldn't have happened with a one-note, token gay character.

Mike Soltis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

I was thinking this also about fifteen minutes into the episode, although I don't know about the 'contented smile' part :)

Maybe they could bring back Charlotte Ross for one more scene...mmmmmm

Stacy Huff

Second Unit

Has Andy ever smiled?

I could see the last scene with Andy standing in his office, looking out at everyone working, with that typical Andy look on his face, the one where it looks like he just realized that he shouldn't have eaten all those onions on his chili-dog.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Charlotte Ross will NOT be in finale. She said she had other commitments. Supposedly, the producers didn't believe her.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Dennis Franz is on Leno tonite, looks very well dressed too, FWIW. Talking about the show, etc.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

John found out that Bale probably would not be coming back and he said (in John's own way) he did not like his replacement. With Greg leaving and Andy "in the blue bag", he had gone through enough change in the squad and just could not stay. He tearfully said he would put in for a transfer because the squad was his family and he saw it disintegrating around him. It was after this conversation that Andy went back to Bale and gave him the go ahead to make his recommendation.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Ok Guys and Gals, it all comes down to tonite after 12 seasons for Andy and company, any guesses? I will miss this show...:frowning:

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Agreed. An all-time favorite of mine. Now all we have to look forward to is the release of all the remaining seasons on DVD.

As much as I would like to see Andy go out "on top" I'm not sure how this will play out. The teasers lead us to believe that he has some problems adjusting to being Boss Sipowicz, but, of course, that's why they are called "teasers."
;)
Nothing is ever as it seems. I'm sure that the resolution will be satisfying to some and disappointing to others.

NYPDB

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Great ending to a great series. I was choked up at the end. Didn't think I would be. I sure am going to miss this show, the BEST police drama ever aired.

Good night Andy.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
And this is why the show sustained my interest for all twelve seasons. As others mentioned,

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Please, no "Boss Sipowicz" mid-season replacement series. Let this show end on the high note that last night represented. (I will take credit for nailing the "Boss" final line in my comment yesterday. Lucky guess.)

;)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Best line of the night -

Andy - "It's going to take some getting used to."
Clark - "Not from where I'm standing."

Glad to see them give Bale a scene where he hands over the office to Andy after Andy having the respect not to sit in his chair until he came back ("The office is a mess, let's go in here"). Like every character on Blue, the character of Bale was allowed to grow and transform from a one-note SOB to a deeper, more human, more real person. That is the hallmark of this groundbreaking drama. Funny how the original hype about the nudity and profanity is old hat now (and really not what the show is about). I find it a testament to the whole NYPD Blue team that after 12 years the series is best known for the realism and depth of it's characters rather than how many ass shots or "assholes" it puts out per week. Truly one of the best ever.

Sure am glad they showed the "Duke of Earl" scene on the recap. One of the finest scenes in the history of TV and there was no gunshots, no cursewords and neither one was naked. Matter of fact, there was no dialogue whatsoever, yet it was television at it's greatest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks