What's new

SCORCHED EARTH HOT --- Alien Quad for $42 at Costco!!!!! (And other FOX set deals) (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Credit goes to the members of Anandtech

Just got back from Costco where they have what I feel is the Deal of the Century!!

Costco already has the best price around on Alien Quad at $62.99, but now when you buy it AUTOMATICALLY takes $20 of the purchase price --- NO COUPON NEEDED!!!

So thats $41.99 for the 9 disc set!!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

If you still have your receipt from purchasing it there originally go back and get your $20 back!!

Run don't walk to your local costco as I have no idea when this started or when it will end but it is good RIGHT NOW!!!

Happy Holidays!!

Greg

QUICK EDIT TO REFLECT OTHER DEALS (found by Scott35@DVDTAlK) and other HTF forum members --- See the Weekly Roundup Thread for 12/23/03 for more info as well

$29.99 - $10 discount Coupon = $19.99each

Futurama
Simpsons
Family Guy
King of the Hill

$39.99 - $15 discount Coupon = $24.99each

Buffy (Seasons 1-4)
Angel (Seasons 1-2)
NYPD Blue (Seasons 1-2)
The Shield Season 1
24 (Seasons 1-2)
Mary Tyler Moore Season 1 -- I have not verified this item as it was not on the flyer but is staked with the other FOX sets
Planet of the Apes -- I have not verified this item as it was not on the flyer but is staked with the other FOX sets

$61.99 - $20 discount Coupon = $41.99each

Alien Quadrilogy --- should ring up $61.99 then a $20 discount coupon will automatically ring up for it making it $41.99.

$27.99 - $10 discount Coupon = $17.99each

WWII Box Set (Includes Patton 2 disc SE, Thin Red Line, Tora Tora Tora, The Longest Day)

***12/22/2003 This is directly off the FLYER that was posted at my Costco today. I can verify that the pricing on AQ, Buffy, and Family Guy is correct because I bought these items.

LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANT!!!!

Do not just go up and ask for a price check on these items as it will come up as the price listed on the box. You have to get rung up as if you are going to purchase the item because each coupon for each item shows up as a separate line item on the ticket. It DOES NOT simply discount the item to a lower price but acts as if you actually handed the clerk a coupon ...... HOWEVER there is NO COUPON NEEDED this is an instant savings deal.

Good Luck to all on this and have a Merry Christmas.

Greg

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Just picked this up myself...

EXCELLENT NEWS... There are a nice selection of Fox items on sale now through Christmas Eve at Costco. These are all per in-store signs.

Fox Animated series sets (Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama) - $19.99.

Fox TV on DVD (Buffy, Angel, 24, possibly NYPD Blue, Mary Tyler Moore) - $24.99

Farrelly Bros., World War II and Schwarzenegger box sets - $16.99.

All of these are at-register rebates. The only catch ends up that you pay sales tax on the full price. There are some other deals I didn't remember, so YMMV.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had loaded up my shopping cart with many of the animated Fox season sets (Simpsons seasons 1-3, Family Guy 1 and 2, 3, all $19.99 each), and a 2-pack (Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing $10.99) and a Paul Newman 3-pack $16.99, and the Aliens Quadrilogy $41.99. I went around the corner without my cart because the aisle was congested, then I came back, and my cart was GONE! I never did find the contents or the cart after walking around the place. Grr.... I wound up only getting the Aliens Quadrilogy (the rest of the titles had been the last of many of the other items I had in my cart).

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Man that sucks!!

Keep chceking back though because rumor has it that this deal is good until 12/24 on all of these titles.

Also according to DVDTALK the WWII Collection (Patton 2 Disc SE, Thin Red Line, Tora Tora Tora, and The Longest Day in one set) sold previously for $27 is now $17 until Wednesday.

Also supposedly LXG is $11 and there are several FOX 2 packs for $12.99 as well.

Greg

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Patrick,

As soon as you noticed your cart was gone, you should have ran to the front entrance and waited for the person to leave, have someone distract them and taken it back. ;)

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Went to the Union, NJ Costco this AM. No signs about deals on Fox DVDs. Took the Alien box to customer service. They didn't know about any special sale and the set rang up as $61.99. Maybe this is a regional sale?

PS-They DID have an $8 instant rebate on Indiana Jones that brought the price to about $35.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Ed,

You have to "purchase it".

The way it rings up is at full value $61.99 and then when you go to finalize the transaction it rings in a $20.00 discount coupon. So if you just "price check it" or don't finalize the deal you will never know that there is a $20 discount.

Greg

Alvin.G.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if this works at Costco.com? It also lists the price for the set as $61.99. I'm too afraid to try and purchase it.

acg

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Nope this is in store ONLY.

And the only way to get the discount(s) is to "BUY IT" --- If you do a price check it will not show up.

I just got back from Costco where I manged to nab Buff Season 4 and Family Guy Vol. 2 -- today they had a Flyer up in the DVD section for this but yesterday they did not.

All of the deals expire on 12/24 at 6pm (special closing time for Christmas Eve)

Greg

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Anybody have the urge to buy a couple of the Alien Sets at Costco for $42, then return them at a Best Buy sealed (minus the long box) for store credit saying, "I got this as a gift and I already had it".....thereby getting an $89 credit?]

Wrong....but sooooo.....tempting..........

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Good grief.. I went into Costco today to get this deal.. the checkout lines were SOOOO long that I figured, I'll just price check it to make sure.. and sure enough, it didn't come up. So I left.

ARGH!!!!!

Going back tomorrow I guess.

Friggin.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Brian, you might get the lowest price ever in the Best Buy system in store credit (not the prevailing price). BTW, let's not continue the discussion of this ilk in this thread (or any thread in this area as that's between you and your conscience).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You wouldn't have to be dishonest to reap a benefit with a discount of this magnitude. In theory you could sell the already-purchased set at $54 (still a great deal) and wind up having only paid $50 in the final tally (assuming you paid $62 in the first go round).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, I picked up the Alien Quad for 41.99 and swung by my favorite used CD/DVD shop to see what they would give me for it. I imagine it looked kind sketchy, but they only offered me $35 in trade, so off to eBay it goes!

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Went back today to do my after-Christmas shopping early (got $100 bonus from work last week)...

Yesterday, got Simpsons season 3 for $20 and Alien Quad for $42.

Today picked up 24 Season 2 (IMHO, this is the best deal going - cheapest online price is $45, FOX has graciously included this in their $39.99 assortment of other TV on DVD, and the instant coupon brings it down to $24.99), Angel season 2, and even though it was not part of the instant deals, Buffy season 5 ($36.99 is an awesome price anyway).

So even including tax, I've saved something like $60 total over the best online prices before shipping... I can't believe I was able to get in on this deal. I knew there was a good reason to put off buying most of these box sets :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks