What's new

NYPD Blue Season 12 thread (1 Viewer)

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for all the info, guys. I'm going to miss this show. I hope that Greg finds some happiness, and I hope they end on an up note for Andy. After watching two partners, a son, and a wife die (not to mention one partner who ditched him for Hollywood), throw the guy a bone.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
So now that Bail got shot are we seeing a setup for Andy to take the reigns? ;) But, the preview did show a new person coming in...?

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

Say, that reminds me! How'd you get that kid s'darned fast? Me'n Dottie went in to adopt on account of something went wrong with m'semen, and they told us five years' wait for a healthy white baby! I said healthy white baby! Five years! Okay, what else you got? Said, two Koreans and one Negro bom with the heart outside ...

... Yeah, it's a crazy world.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Blame the Coen brothers. It's a direct quotation from Raising Arizona, spoken by Glen, played by Sam McMurray, who also plays the new lieutenant next week.

He's had a million roles in TV and film, but Glen is probably his most memorable.

M.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Very interesting twist, huh?!? And very ironic. Bale, the stickler for the rules, bends the rules and doesn't have ESU do the entry on the house, at John's request. Then, he ends up getting shot because of not following the rules.

It was cool to hear Andy start his interview "I'm Sergeant Sipowicz".

And poor Greg gets his last day on the job overshadowed by Bale's shooting.

A real nice episode.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Nice nod to Andy and Greg (the photo op at the end) - the only original characters left on the show. Man, I'm going to miss this show...the way they seem to be setting up Andy as the boss and Clark and Baldwin as partners, it's as if we're getting ready for a whole new season next Fall. But I guess the whole point is to leave us, the fans, a warm fuzzy about the precinct continuing forward - in good hands.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
If they do leave Andy in charge and the detectives the way they are. I would love to see future 2hr movies with the cast. Maybe, do a movie once or twice a year.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

Not quite: Greg didn't become a regular until season 2. He only showed up about halfway through season one. Still though, his has been a great presence throughout the run.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Can somebody explain how Bale could get shot in the lower right quadrant and lose his spleen and a kidney? They aren't there!!!! At that point of entry, the wounds ahould have been to his colon, small intestine, and possibly an artery if he was really unlucky.

Whoever is in charge of fact checking is doing a piss-poor job lately.

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator

Keep in mind Bale is gay -- remember Andy found his credit card in the bunch stolen from gay bar patrons.

So maybe his colon isn't quite in the exact same spot nature put it anymore, due to certain practices we won't mention...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Bullets do damned funny things in the body, especially when they carom off bone, fragment, etc. I've known a lot of E.R. doctors over the years, and when you get a couple of drinks in 'em, you'll learn all kinds of interesting thing about the human body and the effects of small bits of fast-moving metal on it. :) I don't find anything implausible about what they're showing.

Regards,

Joe

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Well, I've performed my share of ex laps (on dogs and cats) for gunshot wounds, and I've never seen a projectile traverse from the lower right quadrant to the upper left quadrant without taking a whole lot of small intestine with it. (One dog I did surgery on had 12 holes in his small intestine from one .22 rifle bullet.)

Nothing will salvage the beret disaster. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks