What's new

Norton Systemworks 2003 Free !!!! (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has anybody heard anything about this--outside of the initial confirmation e-mails?
Wondering if, indeed, it was too good to be true?! :frowning:

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Didn't the original confirmation notice say it would be several weeks before it ships?

Like Mike already posted it's free, if it arrives great, if not oh well.

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, so I got tired of waiting for my copy of Systemworks for free (which just seemed like a deal too good to be true). I ended up writting Norton to see what the deal was about this free package. Here's what they replied:
Thank you for contacting Symantec Authorized Service Support Center. You recently requested a Not for Resale version of Norton SystemWorksTM 2003 Professional Edition in response to a message that was either sent to you via e-mail or posted on the Internet.

The message that you responded to was sent by Symantec to a limited number of resellers, and was redirected to you without Symantec's permission. Therefore, we will be unable to fulfill your request for a copy of Norton SystemWorks.
So there you have it. No free software for us. Which sucks because I saw it in the store a few months ago with a rebate making it only about $10 but I passed it up because I was getting this version (or so I thought).

Randy Torres

Stunt Coordinator
Well, That sucks. I guess they got hammered a few thousand times before they closed the offer. You would think they would honor the orders they took since they emailed a order confirmation. Thanks for the update Alex. I was wondering what the holdup was.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
Timing was OK for a change (my timing on buying stuff really sucked big time lately:angry: ). Just brought a 2003 Prof off EBay this morning, $16.95 including shipping. I thought the deal here is in all probablility, AWOL, and when I saw there's a new post (right after I brought a copy), I thought, here we go again;) ....

lpodoll

Grip
Real Name
Lee
Maybe you can help me decipher a mystery. I completely forgot about this offer, but last week while I was on vacation, someone set a Norton SystemWorks 2003 disc on my desk last week amidst all of the mail. When I registered for this offer, I listed our company name. Laying with the mail was an opened envelope from Maryland Internet Marketing, LLC. I assume that the disc came from this envelope, but am not sure. And I am not sure that it was linked to this promotional offer. Because I received it at work, it is possible that someone else ordered it and set it on my desk to install on our machines. Has anyone else received a systemworks disc from the company listed above? Maybe I received it because I listed our company name and they thought I was a reseller?

This disc has not come free however. My spam has increased tremendously over the last several months, (I now get crap from Gizmorama, Quote a day, Word a day, and other garbage). I'd kind of like confirmation that I have received something for all of this spam. Have any of begun receiving the above mentioned spam since signing up for this offer?

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks