1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Northwest Mounted Police (1940) Question

Discussion in 'DVD' started by stevenHa, Apr 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. stevenHa

stevenHa Stunt Coordinator

I see on Amazon that there is a DVD of Gary Cooper's Northwest Mounted Police from a company called GoZillaflix. For some reason this movie is not otherwise available and I was wondering if someone knowledgeable can describe the quality of this particular dvd. Thanks.

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Frank,

I don't have that particular DVD, but I do have Odeon's DVD release of North West Mounted Police. I'll try to play it tomorrow because I don't remember the PQ of it since acquiring it back in 2011.

3. Robert Crawford

Robert
    I watched about half of the Odeon DVD release and it looks good in my opinion playing on my LG OLED. I'll finish it early tomorrow morning and let you know if I have any issues with it. I see it's still in-stock at Amazon UK. By the way it's Region Free despite it saying Region 2 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0047WU26Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

4. Message #4 of 5 Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Robert Crawford

Robert
    After viewing the entire Odeon disc I have to say I'm pleased with the presentations and think it's worth the $14.22 price including shipping to the US. After looking up that GoZillaflix release on Amazon and skimming some posted reviews, it might be worth a chance to buy it, but that release is like $5.00 more. Maybe somebody here has that DVD?

5. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug
    One thing purchasers might be interested to know is that the DVD has been cut. The British Board of Film Classification objected to some of the horse falls. During a visit to the BBFC a few years ago, I questioned the point of cutting the film considering it was made so many years ago - not that I approve of the use of trip wires of course.