No more Crest Hybrids for me

Discussion in 'Music' started by Steve Meskell, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell Second Unit

I owned 2 SACD's pressed at Crest.....
    Both cracked [​IMG]
    DSOTM and Up
    I will only buy the DVD-A's of the upcoming Universal releases if the SACD's are pressed at crest.
    Crest is getting away with shoddy work and it looks like they or the record companies don't care....
    Damn shame....I Like my new SACD's, well the ones that don't crack.

boycott Crest!!!!!

2. MattCPT

MattCPT Stunt Coordinator

I agree 100% As I stated in a previous thread:

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in the lack of response from Crest regarding their defective SACDs. The fact that they continue to knowingly press defective SACDs without fixing the problem so that they can reap the greatest profit is unethical. My disappointment extends to the record labels that don't demand a quality pressing of their titles. They too are guilty of putting out a defective product because they don't want to go through the difficult steps of finding another factory (I'm aware that their is very few) or to wait until Crest can prove that they are making a quality product. Instead of doing things right these companies choose to profit from selling a defective product "NOW" instead of selling a quality product later. They are banking on the fact that most people won't realize that the product is defective, or will attribute the cracks to mishandling and not poor production. This choice of business plan could backfire if enough people loose faith in the product.

I have already boycotted any hybrid SACDs from Crest [​IMG]. I refuse to buy ANY SACDS until I'm sure that they won't crack. I hope others do the same.

3. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    How do you tell if they are Crest discs?

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

5. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee

6. Michael St. Clair

The Crest DSOTM discs have the Crest logo on the inner ring.

Definitely readable with a magnifying glass...I can read it without under good light.

7. Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell Second Unit

How do you tell if they are Crest discs?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they are hybrids, and if they are made in the US, and if they crack

That would be funny if it wasn't so damn true....
    I have a few SACD's on my wish list I would buy if I knew where they were pressed. Someone(maybe me)should make a master list of "cracking" SACD's. The situation is a big black eye for Sony.........

8. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

9. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Lee,

Michael is right in that discs made at Crest say so in very, very, very small "print" on the mirror band. The Crest discs also have a particular sort of matrix code, but I don't have any Crest discs in front of me to comment on that.

All,

I have returned cracked copies of Dark Side of the Moon (now have a good Japanese pressing), John Coltrane Blue Train, and Norah Jones Come Away With Me. In addition, I had a copy of The Police Every Breath You Take: The Classics crack after the 30-day return period had passed. I threw the disc away and bought a European pressing from www.amazon.co.uk. The only Crest hybrid I have right now is Alison Krauss Live, which I bought last weekend. I'm just waiting for it to crack. [​IMG]

10. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin

11. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee