What's new

No Advanced Babylon 5 Reviews? (1 Viewer)

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I got my review copy on Wednesday, so I imagine that the usual suspects have theirs, too, and that reviews will be up soon.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I just saw my copy is shipping slow boat today and still no reviews? This is strange... I know Babylon 5 is not as popular as Star Trek but it seems like it is being ignored by reviewers like it never existed. Its a conspirary I tell you:D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I just saw my copy is shipping slow boat today and still no reviews? This is strange... I know Babylon 5 is not as popular as Star Trek but it seems like it is being ignored by reviewers like it never existed. Its a conspirary I tell you
For a lot of us it's simply a time thing. I'd love to give B5 a look, but that's about 16 hours of viewing! I have to pick and choose my review subjects carefully, and the only full season sets I'll watch are for series that REALLY interest me: Simpsons, Friends, South Park and the different Treks. However, I'd think the sites with multiple reviewers should get to it before too long...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I'd love to give B5 a look, but that's about 16 hours of viewing!
Granted, but for a TV series set, do you really have to watch every episode in order to write a review? A look at two or three episodes should give you a feel for the story, the video and the audio quality, and the extras wouldn't take a great deal of time. Most TV sets are going to be bought by folks who are already fans of the show, so what people will mostly want to get from a review is an idea of what the picture and sound quality are like, and if the extras are any good. Seems to me that a critic could "sample" a TV full-season set and write a worthwhile review without investing any more time than would be needed for a major theatrical release.

Regards,

Joe

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Seems to me that a critic could "sample" a TV full-season set and write a worthwhile review without investing any more time than would be needed for a major theatrical release.
This is how Ron has handled the TNG reviews.

All I want is for someone to plug in a disc and tell me how the pic looks and how it sounds. I can live without a full blown review.

So close yet so far!

Andy

morrisjones

Agent
You could do a nice sample with these episodes:

Midnight on the Firing Line
Mind War
And The Sky Full Of Stars
Signs and Portents
Babylon Squared
Chrysalis

(I have the full set on S-VHS, and the DVD set on order ...)

Mojo

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Besides, people who are going to buy this one don't really care about someone else's opinion of the show.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Ron!
I know you are a very busy man...Far too busy to review B5, with all the other high-profile stuff coming out.
I hereby volunteer to review this set, if you get it:D

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Now why didn't I think of that? :)
Ron, buddy, it would be difficult, but I'd be willing to take some time away from my busy schedule of reading want ads and faxing resumes to do a really thorough review of this set if you'd care to send me a copy. ;)
Just drop me a line and I'll send you the mailing address. :D
Regards,
Joe

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
It looks like Ron is reviewing Felicity Season 1 this week.

It does not get any clearer than that on how much of niche set Babylon 5 must be considered....

I got my review copy on Wednesday, so I imagine that the usual suspects have theirs, too, and that reviews will be up soon.
Randy, have you had a chance to stick a DVD in yet just to see the picture and/or sound?

Andy

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Randy, have you had a chance to stick a DVD in yet just to see the picture and/or sound?
No--sometime this week, maybe tonight, but not yet. I typically don't get to a title until the week (sometimes the weekend) before release because I'm on a weekly viewing cycle with the newspaper.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
No--sometime this week, maybe tonight, but not yet.
Me and my drool will be waiting, thanx!! :)
Hey, did anyone else here order from TAU? I was just on their web site I could not figure out how to check if and when my order will be shipped...
Andy

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Hey, did anyone else here order from TAU? I was just on their web site I could not figure out how to check if and when my order will be shipped...
They don't have that feature available on their website yet. It is scheduled for a future update. The best you can do now is e-mail their customer service address.

Regards,

Joe

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I finally found a review. Sorry I'm not good with links but its at DVDEmpire.com. Just type in Babylon 5. Select Season One and there will be a link to the review. Sounds like the set is everything we were hoping for. I can't wait.

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Woo-hooooo!!

I'd like to buy a round of bri'var'e for everyone but I'm sad to say all I've got left is flarn with a side of spoo! ;-)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[Wipes drool]
Babylon 5 was the only tv series that had me waiting impatiently for each weeks episode, and many times I was literally on the edge of my seat while it was on.
Star Trek NG didn't really take off until its 3rd season, B5 had me from episode one.:)

Brian E

Screenwriter
It will be mine! I only hope the whole thing gets put out. AFAIK the LD & VHS releases were never finished. I'm sure everyone waiting for DVD had something to do with that though.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I only hope the whole thing gets put out. AFAIK the LD & VHS releases were never finished. I'm sure everyone waiting for DVD had something to do with that though.
Exactly. The Laserdiscs appeared at the end of the line for that format, and it's widely accepted that the VHS editions failed because everyone figured the DVD's would come eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks