Nintendo Compilation Discs

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kyle McKnight, Nov 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

With the Zelda disc now coming with Gamecubes....I wish Nintendo would release compilation discs of their titles. I would so love to buy a disc of all the Marios, all the Zeldas, Metroids, Mario Karts etc... Price them at $20 and they'd have so many good retro discs.

2. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I think the GBA is really working against this. Why would Nintendo put all the Mario's on one disk when they can put them on GBA carts one at a time and actually find people dumb enough to pay $30 each for them? For proof, look no further than the Zelda disc you mention. The best game in the series isn't even on it.

3. Krystian C

Krystian C Stunt Coordinator

Sigh.... I think your right James. Why would Nintendo release all the greatest for $30 on a single disc, when they can slowly screw you for $30ea for GBA title. Good for Nintendo, bad for the fans.

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

5. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

33mhz PC's won't sell for $1,200 on the open market. GBA re-releases of classic Nintendo games DO sell on the open market for the price they are set for. Fair prices generally are what the market will bear. Again, the choice is yours whether to participate.

Also consider that you are comparing hardware to software.

I can buy a decent gig+ athlon for well under a thousand dollars. I can also buy a moderately decent DVD player for $50. But Warner Brothers is still charging $30 SRP on Casablanca and My Fair Lady, though these pieces of software are old. Are they gouging the consumer? Should they release all of their classic films in a boxed set for $30? No, because this is their bread and butter. Same reason you see a rerelease of Snow White or Fantasia every so many years. Should Disney charge you less because it came out on VHS ten years ago?

7. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ

8. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

9. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

Assuming that Nintendo eventually comes out with a new system with a hard drive, they should have a bunch of classic games stored on it when you buy the system. Have something the first five Marios, first five Zeldas, Metroid/Super Metroid, and Punch Out/Super Punch Out on there. Bundle with a special "retro controller" and they'll have an advantage over the similary priced bare bones PS2/Xbox2. Also, have the ability to download old games to the hard drive for something like $5 a download. Have them perfectly emulated so people would prefer them over roms. I think that it would catch on with a lot of people and help sell a decent number of systems.

10. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland

11. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

I must say I really enjoy this Nintendo compilation idea and hope that there are more in the future.

It really is an excellent marketing idea. I myself even buy into this hype of nonsense. [​IMG]

12. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer