What's new

Nine Inch Nails live DVD? (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I got all excited when I heard it was coming out, but I read a reveiw of it that was quite poor, stating that the songs were performed to closely to the album versions. If anyone has heard the CD or DVD any opinions?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
stating that the songs were performed to closely to the album versions
I assume they will be. I have seen NIN 5 times and they perform each song very close to the album version. However, 95% of touring bands do this, so I don't see why this would be a big deal to a fan. I am a huge NIN fan and I have been drooling over this release for a long time. All I want is some live NIN in 5.1. Hopefully Trent will go back and remix all of his works in 5.1 sound. If any music is screaming for 5.1, it is Trent's.

-Dean-

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Agreed. I am hopeful Trent will do a fine job on the 5.1 mix, being the technical perfectionist he is. This will be a must have music DVD. Especially after INXS Live Baby Live wasn't even remixed in 5.1. VERY dissapointed.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen Trent put out anything of poor quality. Reznor is da man! I'll be looking for this DVD. Thanks for the info.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Sound quality: excellent

Picture quality: blah (all shot on MiniDV)

Extras: very few

Why is this thing on two RSDL discs when it offers about 115 minutes of content? Why is DTS available only on a separate release? Weird, weird package...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks