Concert DVD's

Discussion in 'Music' started by MikeH1, Jan 21, 2006.

1. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

The Fleetwood Mac Rumours thread got me thinking. I am severly lacking in the concert DVD department, all I have is Fleetwood Mac The Dance and Nine Inch Nails And All That Could Have Been. A disc I have always been meaning to get but just haven't is Eagles hell freezes over, I used to listen to it a few years ago over at buddies and was quite impressed.

I have always been skeptical of buying concert DVD's as I am not a overly huge fan of live music usually because the sound can sometimes be quite sketchy. I could use some suggestions though of some great sounding music DVD's of any genre.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Tarkin The Ewok

Tarkin The Ewok Supporting Actor

I would highly recommend Brad Paisley's Mud on the Lens and Keith Urban's Livin' Right Now. I don't have surround sound, but they sound great in stereo. If you love great guitar playing, these are doubly recommended.

3. John Titan

John Titan Stunt Coordinator

I've got a few I'd like to suggest.

1. Boz Scaggs greatest hits live (DTS-DD-SRS)

2. Hall & Oates live in concert (DD 5.1 & stereo) comes with cd of concert as well.
    Hall&otes just came out with a new one Our Kind of Soul which is great too.

Both sound great and shot in widescreen.

3. Led Zeppelin-new boxed set (DTS-DD 5.1 & stereo)
    Sounds very good. Shot from alot of different shows so source quality varies. Just happens to be one of my favorite bands. (no wonder why it's on the list)

(Note: This was copyed from a previous thread I started a while back)

4. mylan

mylan Screenwriter

Roger Waters "In The Flesh Live". It is a complete concert featuring the best songs of Pink Floyd and Waters. The sound is spot on and his musicians, esp. Doyle Bramhall II, are incredible.

5. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    For more info, do a search. This topic has been covered a few times. My favorites are ELO's Zoom, Steely Dans Two Against Nature, Peter Frampton in Detroit, Three Dog Night's Live In TN and the best of the best, Boz Skaggs. And get both Eagles dvd's. The Farewell Tour is actually better too me. I was never a big fan of recorded concerts either ('cept for the Frampton Comes Alive album [​IMG] ) but many of these dvd's are really quite good. But so many others are not.