What's new

NFL 2018-2019 Thread (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It also seems Manning will only agree to be traded to the Jaguars. He has in his contract he gets to approve the trade. I understand his position as at 37 it would only make sense to go to a team that can contend. The Jaguars certainly have QB issues but do they want Manning in the mix for maybe this year and next. They obviously want to replace Bortles and will want to draft another QB but they also have a playoff defense in place which could help them win now.

The feeling I get is the Jags don't think Manning is worth it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like it might be Landon Collins. There seems to be heavy interest in him. Rumor is Collins is also unhappy in New York and unhappy with the team.

The Giants are dangling a bunch of players. They are not in the same situation as the Raiders, who will have plenty of cap space and a bunch of picks to begin their rebuild. The Giants need to clear cap space which means they need to dump anybody and everybody they can.

I think Gettleman made a mess of things and he should have started the rebuild before the 2018 draft. He probably could have moved Beckham, maybe Manning while teams were looking for QBs, and drafted Sam Darnold.

Now with a 1-6 start he's just trying to move players out the door to get to a fresh start.
I'll be surprise if Collins is traded as I listen to NY sports radio and read their local papers on a daily basis.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It also seems Manning will only agree to be traded to the Jaguars. He has in his contract he gets to approve the trade. I understand his position as at 37 it would only make sense to go to a team that can contend. The Jaguars certainly have QB issues but do they want Manning in the mix for maybe this year and next. They obviously want to replace Bortles and will want to draft another QB but they also have a playoff defense in place which could help them win now.

The feeling I get is the Jags don't think Manning is worth it.
This is Manning's last year as Giants QB. His cap hit for next season is only 6M. Unless he pulls his head out of his ass and ups his game with that dreadful offensive line, he's done as an effective QB for the Giants and the Giants fan base has finally accepted that reality.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Supposedly Patrick Peterson has asked for a trade out of Arizona. I cannot remember the Steelers ever making a mid season trade, but this is one they should be all over. Peterson would be a great help to a defense that cannot stop anyone, and would be a huge upgrade at cornerback over Artie Burns, who couldn't cover Betty White on a route downfield. He and Joe Haden would make a formidable duo at the corners. Big Ben doesn't have many more years, so this is the time to deal picks for players who can help now.

Looks like Peterson won't be moving but they could get Janoris Jenkins as reports are the Steelers, Eagles, and Patriots have talked to the Giants about him and the Giants do want him out the door.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'll be surprise if Collins is traded as I listen to NY sports radio and read their local papers on a daily basis.

Yes, I have no idea but the Giants are willing to talk on any player and supposedly a lot of teams have called about Collins. I'm sure they will walk that up to the deadline to try to get the most for him if they do move him. People seem to think the Packers will get him but they are not the only team in the mix...just the team a bunch of people want to see him go to. The rumor is Collins is very unhappy about the fire sale the Giants are having and is now asking to be part of it and wants out. If that's true and he is asking to be traded I think Gettleman will make his wish come true.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, I have no idea but the Giants are willing to talk on any player and supposedly a lot of teams have called about Collins. I'm sure they will walk that up to the deadline to try to get the most for him if they do move him. People seem to think the Packers will get him but they are not the only team in the mix...just the team a bunch of people want to see him go to. The rumor is Collins is very unhappy about the fire sale the Giants are having and is now asking to be part of it and wants out. If that's true and he is asking to be traded I think Gettleman will make his wish come true.
That's your opinion, I disagree.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
This is Manning's last year as Giants QB. His cap hit for next season is only 6M. Unless he pulls his head out of his ass and ups his game with that dreadful offensive line, he's done as an effective QB for the Giants and the Giants fan base has finally accepted that reality.

Manning, who apparently knows he is auditioning for another team, played decent in their last game. So, if the Jags can sign him to a low money deal they could take him. Just not sure that's what they want to do. If they don't want him I'm just not sure what other team would have an interest at this point.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
That's your opinion, I disagree.

I think part of their reasoning in trading Collins is he is at the end of his rookie deal and to resign him the cost will be in the $15 to $20 million a year vicinity. Gettleman seems like one of those guys that believes the front seven makes the secondary better so he may not want to dump that kind of money into a safety.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Watched the Rams - Packers game yesterday. Are there any Rams fans in Los Angeles? It looked like a home game for Green Bay. I know Packer fans travel well, but it looked like they had taken over the entire stadium.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Watched the Rams - Packers game yesterday. Are there any Rams fans in Los Angeles? It looked like a home game for Green Bay. I know Packer fans travel well, but it looked like they had taken over the entire stadium.
The announcers commented on that more than once.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I didn't pay much attention to the crowd shots, but I know the cheering and noise seemed greatly in favor of the Packers. Crappy ending to that game for the Packers. If I'm calling the shots for the Packers, I'd leave Montgomery behind when the team travels home. He's obviously working for the Rams, as there is no other possible explanation, none, for his actions.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I didn't pay much attention to the crowd shots, but I know the cheering and noise seemed greatly in favor of the Packers. Crappy ending to that game for the Packers. If I'm calling the shots for the Packers, I'd leave Montgomery behind when the team travels home. He's obviously working for the Rams, as there is no other possible explanation, none, for his actions.

Well, there is one -- some pro athletes are not very smart. ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I've heard in a couple different places that he's considered "a smart guy," so I don't buy it.
Well, you appear to be on the right track. Apparently, Montgomery was instructed to take a knee by the coaches, but ran the ball out anyway. Teammates speculated he was pissed about being taken out of the game earlier.

If the above is true, the Packers have no choice but to cut Montgomery from the team.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, you appear to be on the right track. Apparently, Montgomery was instructed to take a knee by the coaches, but ran the ball out anyway. Teammates speculated he was pissed about being taken out of the game earlier.

If the above is true, the Packers have no choice but to cut Montgomery from the team.
He cost them a chance to win the game so if it's true then they have no choice, but to cut him.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hue Jackson was finally fired today as Browns coach. I think Jackson is a good coordinator, but he's not HC material. The Browns are very close to having a very competitive team if they make the right player moves and choose the right HC to get them over the hump.

Todd Haley was fired too as OC. Their new GM can now hire his own guy if the owner doesn't get in his way too much.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
As usual the Browns do a dismal job. Jackson should have been fired last season. They should have given the team a fresh start this season. The new coach should have been part of the process of drafting the new franchise QB. Now, whatever coach comes in has to try to make it work with Mayfield, who really was a type of QB Jackson liked...never a good thing. We'll see what happens.

It always seems like the Browns do everything so that every mistake they make is compounded.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hue Jackson was finally fired today as Browns coach. I think Jackson is a good coordinator, but he's not HC material. The Browns are very close to having a very competitive team if they make the right player moves and choose the right HC to get them over the hump.

Todd Haley was fired too as OC. Their new GM can now hire his own guy if the owner doesn't get in his way too much.

Supposedly there was a lot of infighting among the coaching staff -- Jackson and Haley didn't get along at all. Speculation is, since there were a few hours between announcements of the firings, that Haley was canned because he was pissed at not being named the interim head coach.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Supposedly there was a lot of infighting among the coaching staff -- Jackson and Haley didn't get along at all. Speculation is, since there were a few hours between announcements of the firings, that Haley was canned because he was pissed at not being named the interim head coach.
My perception of Haley is that he's an ambitious asshole that has burned some bridges across the NFL.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As bad as Eli Manning is, his offensive line really sucks big-time. Without a doubt, the GIants need a young franchise QB, but they got to fix that offensive line, otherwise, that QB will end up like David Carr with the Texans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks