1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2018-2019 Thread

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Carabimero, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Well, Antonio Brown has always been one of the fastest players in the league...

2. Message #102 of 107 Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Reggie W

Reggie W Producer

Pike Bishop
    I believe the Steelers have said they will not try to retain Bell next season. At this point why would they. My guess is the teams that were sniffing around about him will make the biggest push to land him next season. The Eagles seem the most interested and while everything about the Packers is up in the air right now because they will likely make a head coaching change next season they also had an interest in Bell. Those would both be good landing spots for him...and I kind of feel he will eventually be an Eagle. Those NFC East teams all have a bell cow back right now except the Eagles and they seem to really want one.

Bell himself seems like the wild card in all this because what he seems to want most is to be a free agent and to choose where he plays. I am not sure he cares about going to a good team as much as he wants to be paid and play somewhere he enjoys living. So, he may want to go to the Dolphins or Buccs or even Raiders. Who knows. If he wants to compete though if the Eagles and Packers come knocking he should consider those teams.

3. Scott Merryfield

I think the Steelers will be most happy if Bell doesn’t report by Tuesday. As you said, Reggie, they will not be retaining him next season, and if he doesn’t report they can roll over his entire $14.5M salary cap hit from this season into a credit for next season. They also will not have to deal with a negative situation in the locker room when the team is just starting to play well. If Bell shows up, I hope Pittsburgh just leaves him inactive for the remainder of the season as long as Connor is healthy.

Malcolm R likes this.
  4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    They got their wish as he didn't report.

5. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    The Chiefs/Rams game has been moved to LA from Mexico City due to poor field conditions.

6. Scott Merryfield

Under the circumstances, I think this is best for both sides.

7. Reggie W

Reggie W Producer

Pike Bishop
    This does take a tiny bit of the Super Bowl like setting away from the game as they would have played it on a neutral site but still, it is the regular season game of the year.

I'm very excited to see this game and it's a great way to kick off the Thanksgiving week. I actually like that they moved the game to the Coliseum as I like watching games played there. This should be fun and I think the one thing we can count on is it won't be a defensive struggle.