What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (2 Viewers)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
As I said before about Yogi's Space Race, to get it on DVD correctly as the whole 90-minute kit and kaboodle, with Galaxy Goof-Ups in tow, the order of episodes for shows 1-8 and 9-13 are different:

Episodes 1-8, which were 90 minutes long, were in this order:
a. Yogi's Space Race part 1
Bumper: "Yogi's Space Race will continue later!"
b. The Galloping Ghost
Bumper: "Don't miss today's episode of Galaxy Goof-Ups!"
c. Galaxy Goof-Ups (parts 1 and 2)
Bumper: "Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of Galaxy Goof-Ups!" (after end of part 1) and "Stay tuned for The Buford Files!" (after end of part 2)
d. The Buford Files
Bumper: "Don't miss the exciting conclusion of Yogi's Space Race!"
e. Yogi's Space Race part 2

Galaxy Goof-Ups was removed from the series for its last five episodes, and the remaining episodes thus of Yogi's Space Race (episodes 9-13) were likely treated this way when on NBC, through January 27, 1979:
a. The Buford Files
Bumper: "Stay tuned for today's episode of Yogi's Space Race!"
b. Yogi's Space Race (parts 1 and 2)
Bumper: "Don't miss the exciting conclusion of Yogi's Space Race" (after end of part 1) and "Stay tuned for The Galloping Ghost!" (after end of part 2)
c. The Galloping Ghost

But when the time comes for them to work on a DVD release, to include all 13 Galaxy Goof-Ups episodes, then I suggest the remaining five episodes of Galaxy Goof-Ups, for Yogi's Space Race episodes 9-13, be placed after Yogi's Space Race and before The Galloping Ghost with the appropriate bumpers marking the breaks between segments.

~Ben

Last edited:

HB-cool

Agent
Real Name
Dmytro
also I see there is blu-ray edition of complete Flintstones seasons. does anyone know what is the difference between this edition and DVD (diamond collector edition) set? did they fixed closing credits of each series or something like that , video size etc.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I hope Warner Archive will not put any of the previously-released Hanna-Barbera titles on moratorium. I hope I can still find the following titles elsewhere, if not Amazon:
* Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har-Har
* The Atom Ant Show
* The Secret Squirrel Show
* Peter Potamus

These are the four I am thinking of purchasing in the future.

As always, I do hope they will release more Hanna-Barbera on DVD and/or HBO Max.

~Ben

HB-cool

Agent
Real Name
Dmytro
HBO max dont plan to issue phisical copies as I know. I see they started to remaster some WB shots, but personally for me they are TOOOOOO sharp and clean. I prefer to feel authentic classicl feeling with nOt so perfect pictures, or at least remastered enough (but not perfect).

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I hope Warner Archive will not put any of the previously-released Hanna-Barbera titles on moratorium. I hope I can still find the following titles elsewhere, if not Amazon:
* Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har-Har
* The Atom Ant Show
* The Secret Squirrel Show
* Peter Potamus

These are the four I am thinking of purchasing in the future.

As always, I do hope they will release more Hanna-Barbera on DVD and/or HBO Max.

~Ben
Is a moratorium an issue at all? Has it happened with any show?

MarvelManiac68

Auditioning
Real Name
MC Roberts
So I saw on Wikipedia that Wait Till Your Father Gets Home Seasons 2 & 3 will be released on DVD by Warner Archive to Region 2. Anybody know if there’s any truth to that?
If so do we think this may mean Region 1 is not far behind?

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
Yogi's Gang is in HD on I Tunes which means a Blu ray for that show could be coming out soon --but they don't include Yogi's Ark Lark. Could that still be coming out in the Blu ray?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
That plus the reason season 2 and 3 were not released were because of clearance issues. They never said what but probably guest stars.
I never understood why guest stars on animated shows are more problematic to clear than guest stars on non-animated TV shows. What is the reason? Is it because they are playing themselves as opposed to playing a different character?

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Yogi's Gang is in HD on I Tunes which means a Blu ray for that show could be coming out soon --but they don't include Yogi's Ark Lark. Could that still be coming out in the Blu ray?
If they do re-release Yogi's Gang on Blu-Ray, then, let's hope Yogi's Ark Lark will be restored to its original one-hour presentation (the way it was when it was on ABC as part of its Saturday Superstar Movie rotation), and to be appended before the first episode of Yogi's Gang.

Disc 1:
Yogi's Ark Lark (pilot)
Dr. Bigot
The Greedy Genie
Mr. Prankster
Mr. Fibber
The Gossipy Witch
Mr. Sloppy
Mr. Cheater

Disc 2:
Mr. Waste
Mr. Vandal
The Sheik of Selfishness
Mr. Smog
Lotta Litter
The Envy Brothers
Captain Swipe
Mr. Hothead

~Ben

Last edited:

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Not sure about a blu-ray but the HD episodes of Yogi’s Gang have been available on iTunes for about 5 years.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
If they do re-release Yogi's Gang on Blu-Ray, then, let's hope Yogi's Ark Lark will be restored to its original one-hour presentation (the way it was when it was on ABC as part of its Saturday Superstar Movie rotation), and to be appended before the first episode of Yogi's Gang.

Disc 1:
Yogi's Ark Lark (pilot)
Dr. Bigot
The Greedy Genie
Mr. Prankster
Mr. Fibber
The Gossipy Witch
Mr. Sloppy
Mr. Cheater

Disc 2:
Mr. Waste
Mr. Vandal
The Sheik of Selfishness
Mr. Smog
Lotta Litter
The Envy Brothers
Captain Swipe
Mr. Hothead

~Ben
What they "should" have done is, include the original one-hour pilot as seen on "The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie," then all (17) of the half-hour shows, the last two of which were re-edited "flashback" episodes with footage from "Yogi's Ark Lark." What happened was, they put together a hybrid using half of one and half of the other. But they were legitimately distinct from one another, at least as a variation.

Now, whether they have them in their archives or know where they are, that's another question. (Although IIRC Boomerang did show the original one-hour pilot in a different version than the one on the DVD.)

stringbean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Snorbitz
Are Amazon(US) out of stock on both the blu-ray versions of The Flintstones and The Jetsons? Was looking to import those two titles to the UK but they aren't available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks