What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (2 Viewers)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
No word on the supporting cartoons. As those supporting characters are more obscure HB, I wouldn't count on it.
I would think they will at least do Touche Turtle as he is as popular or maybe more popular than Wally Gator which is why this was a strong show together. I don't think I could pick which one of the two I like better. Lippy the Lion in a minor HB but still good.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I would think they will at least do Touche Turtle as he is as popular or maybe more popular than Wally Gator which is why this was a strong show together. I don't think I could pick which one of the two I like better. Lippy the Lion in a minor HB but still good.
Randy,

I would have to agree with you about Touche Turtle being next up, since to the best of my knowledge it was the only H-B cartoon series to feature Bill Thompson (the original voice of Droopy Dog in most of that character's MGM cartoons; though at times he was voiced by Daws Butler, Don Messick and even director/creator Tex Avery himself); I also researched that Thompson did do a one-off voiceover on The Flintstones. His guardian and sidekick, Dum-Dum, was voiced by Alan Reed (also known as the original voice of Fred Flintstone).

~Ben

Last edited:

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I have very little familiarity with Touche Turtle. I don't think he was featured on any subsequent HB series, although I may be mistaken.

Friendsfa32

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
So, I don't see why they can't be released on DVD as well like Wally Gator will be.

for Quick Draw , we were told around 2007, that they had plans to release it, but the material they had, to work with, was too poor quality, and restoring it would cost a lot of money..... so they skipped over it. there may or may not have also been money issues to get the musical scores......no idea.

same for Wally Gator? i think,
but it's now 12 years later.... and we get at least that one.....
which is good.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
On Facebook, WAC has a GIF this morning showing some of their new-to-DVD releases for July, and one of the releases is the complete series of Lippy The Lion And Hardy Har Har.
Awesome news, again... if true! So Touche Turtle shouldn't be far behind in getting a DVD release, too.

~Ben

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Awesome news, again... if true! So Touche Turtle shouldn't be far behind in getting a DVD release, too.

~Ben
When I asked them why they were not releasing the complete Wally Gator show and that I was dissapointed for this decision, they replied and said that they felt releasing them separate was the best way to release them since they were originally released to be shown together or separate. This is why each one has its own opening and closing credits. So based on their reply it sounded like they intend to release all 3 close together. I wouldn't be surprised to see Touche Turtle in August.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
If Yogi's Space Race is ever to be released on DVD, then not only should it have all of the commercial break bumpers between all the four segments, but also before the opening credits, a 30-second teaser... I know when they re-assembled Space Stars for its DVD release in 2013, those opening teasers were there before the intro sequence.

~Ben

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
I wonder how well they remastered Lippy the Lion and Wally Gator (as well as Touche Turtle--if that's coming )--the syndicated prints of these three cartoons looked very raw . I wonder if they were able to find the masters to these.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
If Yogi's Space Race is ever to be released on DVD, then not only should it have all of the commercial break bumpers between all the four segments, but also before the opening credits, a 30-second teaser... I know when they re-assembled Space Stars for its DVD release in 2013, those opening teasers were there before the intro sequence.

~Ben
I would love to have it released that way too but at this point I would be happy to have the complete show without the bumpers just as long as its the full show with all the segments and they don't release it as separate segments.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how well they remastered Lippy the Lion and Wally Gator (as well as Touche Turtle--if that's coming )--the syndicated prints of these three cartoons looked very raw . I wonder if they were able to find the masters to these.
Those raw looking elements is what delayed the release of the complete show that was announced by WHV in 2007. So I would think they done a complete re-mastering of these by now.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks