What's new

Next Hanna-Barbera set? (3 Viewers)

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
It would be nice to see Laff-A-Lympics get a proper & complete series release. Those scattered releases a while back were so consumer focused and not collector focused.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin

Check this out! On this Blu-Ray release, we now get to see the entire intro ending with the Jonny Quest title card (and the announcer saying the name of the show, and "Brought to you by...")!

I suppose the "Brought to you by..." shtick (which back in 1964-65 brought forth the commercials tied into this series, such as for P. F. Flyers shoes) was the reason why the end title card was cut from the intro altogether when seen on the more recent reruns and the original DVD prints of this series. I remember the 1970s syndicated and network reruns (CBS and NBC) and the TNT and Cartoon Network reruns of this series preserved the end title card, but carefully edited out the "Brought to you by..." shtick.

~Ben

Last edited:

HB-cool

Agent
Real Name
Dmytro
guys can you clear me the situation again with the dvd releases?? hehe. im really curious now. what is the difference between old DVD (for example richie rich / scooby doo show) and the latest new one with some different cover of the dvd print. what is the difference beetween content/mastering some additional things. im really confused.

https://www.oldies.com/product-view/56501P.html - usual diamond collection
https://www.oldies.com/product-view/66984R.html - new one version with 50-th anniversary edition words and some different cover

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Would love to see Warner go back and remaster all of the original Scooby Doo Where Are You? series to Blu and, along with its Scooby/Scrappy and other offshoots (The Scooby-Doo Show, The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour, Scooby's All-star Laff-o-lympics) plus all of the reboots from the mid-1990's on, get packaged in a Deluxe box set - something along the lines of the Friends' box set that came out a while ago but basically packed on the goodies in a definitive collection.

This parceling off of stuff - a little here, and little there, is just getting old - and it follows home video marketing principles that are as defunct as the VHS format that spawned them. Time to get with 'the times' and be more progressive. Seriously, these cartoons have already paid for themselves a thousand times over. Now, it's all gravy. Still a lot to be had, but why not adopt the old MGM motto here: do it right. Do it big. And give it class!

Mark Y

Screenwriter
guys can you clear me the situation again with the dvd releases?? hehe. im really curious now. what is the difference between old DVD (for example richie rich / scooby doo show) and the latest new one with some different cover of the dvd print. what is the difference beetween content/mastering some additional things. im really confused.

https://www.oldies.com/product-view/56501P.html - usual diamond collection
https://www.oldies.com/product-view/66984R.html - new one version with 50-th anniversary edition words and some different cover

The Diamond Collection sets are mostly reissues of older sets without the extras.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The Jetsons is due I read. Hopefully in July ? : )
Top Cat and The Jetsons have both been mentioned/rumoured for Blu Ray but nothing confirmed. I would say they are both coming but definitely not July. From what I remember reading it was supposed to be announced in July at Comic Con but not released then. Maybe one of them in the 4th Quarter.

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Top Cat and The Jetsons have both been mentioned/rumoured for Blu Ray but nothing confirmed. I would say they are both coming but definitely not July. From what I remember reading it was supposed to be announced in July at Comic Con but not released then. Maybe one of them in the 4th Quarter.
I’m definitely down for Jetsons on blu.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Maybe July 2020 if you’re lucky.

The Jetsons was confirmed. It was never even a rumour. The source was Warner Archive themselves at Wondercon.
If so, I hope, then I'd love to see the original 1962-63 season episodes be restored without the episode title cards, as those were not first seen on these first episodes until they were re-packaged for the weekday afternoon syndicated run in 1985. I also hope they can restore the Screen Gems and ABC references in the end credits (if they can work out deals with Sony and Disney for the use of those trademarks).

~Ben

Last edited:

Mark Y

Screenwriter
If so, I hope, then I'd love to see the original 1962-63 season episodes be restored without the episode title cards, as those were not first seen on these first episodes until they were re-packaged for the weekday afternoon syndicated run in 1985. I also hope they can restore the Screen Gems and ABC references in the end credits (if they can work out deals with Sony and Disney for the use of those trademarks).

~Ben

Yes, let's have the shows AS ORIGINALLY AIRED, please.

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean

~Ben
Yes! The use of the 80s title cards on the 60s episodes drives me crazy. I optimistically hope that is corrected.

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
For those that have the DVD already--on the New Scooby Doo Movies--Josie and the Pussycats episode is any one having trouble with the audio being out of synch with the mouth movements off and on? I'm seeing that on my DVD.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
For those that have the DVD already--on the New Scooby Doo Movies--Josie and the Pussycats episode is any one having trouble with the audio being out of synch with the mouth movements off and on? I'm seeing that on my DVD.
I haven't watched that episode yet but synch problems are easy to fix now. Most Blu Ray players have a synch option and many stereo receivers also have this feature so you can adjust the audio to match the picture. You just have to remember to set it back to normal after watching that episode.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Yes! The use of the 80s title cards on the 60s episodes drives me crazy. I optimistically hope that is corrected.

When they re-edited the original shows to conform to their 1980s revival episodes, that drove me nuts and I hated it. They re-recorded the theme song with electronic drums, so it would be in stereo, added title cards at the beginning (which in itself wasn't a bad thing, since you get the episode title and writer) and eliminated the iconic "Jane, stop this crazy thing" dog walk ending, replacing it with generic gang credits. At least the closing was brought back later.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The trailer for the new Banana Splits movie is out and is every bit as terrible as some feared. I think Warner has decided to trash the show and the characters. I don’t think we’ll ever see anything more of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks