What's new

NewsRadio - Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
So I found this at Best Buy today -- I didn't even know it was out! -- and picked it up for a cool $27.99.

I've just watched the first couple of episodes. In the first episode's (Jumper) commentary, Paul Simms and the others discuss who they think was the worst guest star, but all references to him were bleeped out (legal issues I guess). So who do you think it is? My guess is George Hamilton, because there's a reference to him having scenes with Beth.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
I was wondering that myself. Your theory makes the most sense.

This is absolutely the best season which makes Hartman's passing at the end even more of a tragedy.

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
No; the only extras (aside from the commentaries) are a gag reel and a short "One-Man NewsRadio" spoof by writer-producer Joe Furey.

I know TVShowsonDVD.com initially reported it would be included, but it must have been scratched early on because it was not mentioned in Sony's press release.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I'm watching NewsRadio for the first time on DVD. I have to say the quality of writing took quite a dive in S4, especially later in the season. The first three seasons were great. I'll get S5 for Phil Hartman tribute I assume will be on it, but I'm not expecting much.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Season 4 was great, I do not know who is spoken of here. On a similar note, Andy Dick on a Season 3 Commentary mentions a guest star that took him to AA but the name was bleeped. Any idea who this is? He seemed to have looked up to him.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The end of season 4 suffered from the introduction of the "Walt" character who never really gelled with the rest of the ensemble. There are, however, some very good episodes in season 5. The episodes where Patrick Warburton recurs as "Johnny Johnson" are some of my favorites of the series. It was hard to watch at the time because of the shocking passing of Phil Hartman, but with the perspective of time, a lot of the season 5 episodes I saw in syndication a couple of years ago held up better than my memory suggested they would.

Regards,

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
has there been any news of the season 5 DVDs? I also think there were some classic eps during the season even though the show felt different. I still want to own it and complete the set.

Brad P

Stunt Coordinator
I, too, think it was George Hamilton. James Caan pretty much worked exclusively with Phil and Andy in his episode.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
He had "Godfather" credentials. Sure it was only "Godfather 3" credentials, but it still counts a little bit. :)

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks