– American Sniper – 2014

– Extremities – 1986

– It!  The Terror From Beyond Space – 1958

– The Flying Deuces – 1939

– The Rose – 1979

– Hot Tub Time Machine 2 – 2015

The Prices

Posted Image

Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

HD-DVD Amazon BestBuy Target
Basttleship Potemkin $11.07

Posted Image

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
American Dad:  Volume 10 $26.96
American Sniper   $14.24 $14.99 $14.99
Angel Baby   $24.95
Beauty and the Beast:  The 2nd Season     $29.97
Before I Disappear   $19.99
Blue Room, The   $19.99
Boardwalk Empire:  The Complete Series     $128.84
Call the Midwife:  Season Four     $28.71
Captain Z & The Terror Of Leviathan   $8.59
Cinderella [1977]   $8.59
Cops [Wildest Chases]   $16.99
CPO Sharkey:  The Complete First Season     $21.92
Cymbeline   $14.95
Doctor Who: The Cybermen   $20.27
Duck Dynasty:  Season 7     $11.98
Evil Eye, The   $24.95
Extremities   $17.99
Flawless [1999]     $17.99
Girlhood   $17.99
Glee: Season 6 $19.96
Glee: Complete Series $61.73
Hot Tub Time Machine 2   $17.99 $16.99
It! The Terror from Beyond Space   $17.99
Joan of Arc $19.98
Larry Sanders Show, The:  Complete Series)   $27.99
Last Hijack, The   $17.99
Leviathan [2014]   $19.99
Limelight [Criterion Collection]  $29.95
Lovesick [2015]   $14.99
Married With Children:  Seasons 9 & 10   $8.99
Maya: The Bee Movie   $9.68
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Minnie's Pet Salon   $12.99
NewsRadio - The Complete Series   $27.99
Orange Is the New Black:  Season 2    $19.68 $19.99 $24.99
Osterman Weekend, The   $9.98
Peter Benchley's Creature   $24.95
Roommate Wanted   $13.93
Rose, The [Criterion Collection]  $17.99
Strange Magic   $17.98 $16.99

Posted Image

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
American Sniper    $24.96 $24.99 $24.99
Boardwalk Empire: Complete Series $160.94
Call the Midwife: Season 4 $34.47
 Captain Z & The Terror Of Leviathan    $32.95
Cymbeline    $14.93
Evil Eye, The    $19.99
Extremities    $19.99
Flawless     $29.95
The Flying Deuces $17.96
Girlhood $19.99
Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man    $15.86
Hellmouth    $24.99
Hot Tub Time Machine 2    $19.99 $19.99
It! The Terror from Beyond Space    $19.99
Last Heroes of WWII, The    $11.99
Leviathan     $24.98
Limelight  [Criterion Collection]  $27.99
Maya: The Bee Movie    $16.97
Meet the Parents: The Whole Focker Collection    $18.65
Ninja Scroll    $14.99
Orange Is the New Black     $27.92 $19.99 $24.99
Osterman Weekend, The    $12.68
Peter Benchley's Creature    $19.99
Poltergeist II    $9.49
Poltergeist II / Poltergeist III    $13.39
Poltergeist III    $9.49
Rose, The  [Criterion Collection]  $22.99
Stigmata    $15.86
 Thank Your Lucky Stars    $19.79
Trancers 2: The Return of Jack Deth    $24.95

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Found a Best Buy flyer this week.  Did a fair amount of driving to track one down.  And now that I got it, it turned out not to really be worth it.  Two new releases listed and one special for catalog titles (with very little info.). 

--Best Buy has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of American Sniper which contains exlusive content:  "Bringing the War Home: The Cost of Heroism." 

--And, BB has a Buy One Get One Free sale with the purchase os select titles (or $9.99 each).  Up to 35 titles to choose from.  The two titles shown in the flyer are:  The Monuments Men and Zero Dark Thirty.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of American Sniper.  It hasw exclusive stelbook packaging.  

--Target is also advertising an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of Orange is the New Black: S2.  It has bonus content. 

--Target has the following releases on sale this week (all DVD unless otherwise noted):

$13.99:  Unbroken.

$14.99:  The Wedding Ringer, Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Taken 3, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World.

$16.99:  The Gambler, Selma, Interstellar

$17.99:  Captain America: Winter Soldier (Blu), Thor: Dark World (Blu)

$19.99:  The Gambler (Blu), Unbroken (Blu), Selma (Blu), Interstellar b(Blu), The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies (Blu), Taken 3 (Blu) 

--Target has a sale of 25% off Value Movies.  Regular $10 to $13.  Titles shown and select others.  Titles shown:  Ted, Olympus Has Fallen, White House Down, Pacific Rim.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The prices of American Sniper this week are outrageous. I'll get it...but not until the price drops.

And Extremities is on its way to me as an Amazon pre-order. It is a very powerful performance by Farrah Fawcett.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say that CPO Sharkey season 1 has a dvd release.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Apparently Warners wanted to keep the price up on American Sniper for some reason. Way too expensive for release day.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say that CPO Sharkey season 1 has a dvd release.

Color me surprised, too. It's a good thing!

A great extra would be the time Johnny Carson burst onto Rickle's set during taping and shut things down (Rickles had broken Johnny's cigarette box on his desk while guest-hosting the Tonight Show a short time before).

Wayne_j said:
Apparently Warners wanted to keep the price up on American Sniper for some reason. Way too expensive for release day.

Maybe they figure the public loved the movie so much it would pay top dollar to bring it home.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the roundup, Mike. Add me to the list of those waiting for a less insane price for American Sniper. Terrific film but obscene pricing.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:
The prices of American Sniper this week are outrageous. I'll get it...but not until the price drops.

And Extremities is on its way to me as an Amazon pre-order. It is a very powerful performance by Farrah Fawcett.
I'll patiently wait to buy it during the Black Friday sales later in the year.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Maybe they figure the public loved the movie so much it would pay top dollar to bring it home.
I'm sure that's it and it'll probably work. I'd bet that it's on sale for $20 in about a month after the return/price match window closes on the people who pay $25 this week. Pretty crass, Warners.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the prices, Mike.

Like others, I'll be waiting on American Sniper, and I'll eventually have The Rose and Limelight from Criterion, too.

I requested Glee's last season to review, but not sure if Fox will send it. They didn't send ​White Collar when I requested it a few weeks ago either. Since both shows have concluded their runs, maybe Fox doesn't think either needs any publicity any more.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Mike Frezon said:
Color me surprised, too. It's a good thing!

A great extra would be the time Johnny Carson burst onto Rickle's set during taping and shut things down (Rickles had broken Johnny's cigarette box on his desk while guest-hosting the Tonight Show a short time before).

Seems so random, but I'm glad to see it. I just hope Time Life's expectations are realistic and they eventually release the 2nd season as well.

According to the press release posted in March, the clip of Carson showing up on set will be included as an extra.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/339581-timelife-press-release-cpo-sharkey-the-complete-first-season/

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Cymbeline

Intelligence at $15.

(For those that don't get it. The original Shakespeare written play has tell-tales into every other work. In essence...making fun of his own success. This movie treats the source as parody of itself...which if you like Shakespeare...)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work, Mike. I liked American Sniper, but it's not something I expect to replay a lot, and I'm certainly not going to spend $25 for it. Considering that this is the biggest theatrical hit in quite a while, I'm surprised more stores didn't go for loss-leader prices on this one.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Here's the list of BB BOGO titles, as of right now.

Nothing I have to have this week..however, they do have a sale on TV seasons. Buy two and get 25% off the current price. The verbage says DVD's, but they have a fair number of BD's listed. Among the titles: American Horror Story, Bones, Homeland, Modern Family. So these are quality shows and not just old school catalogue titles.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Shows how old school I am....I didn't understand all the comments about the outrageous prices on American Sniper. It's only $14.99! Oh......the BLUE RAY! :D

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
EASY WAY TO GET THE LOCAL BEST BUY FLYER EACH WEEK:

* Download the "Retale" app for your tablet and/or Smartphone.

Anyway, thanks for the update. I may go for that Best Buy BOGO on the "21 Jump Street" and "22 Jump Street" Blu-ray while I'm waiting for the price to come down on "Sniper".

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
My Costco had a fresh batch of criterions out today including "The Rose" for those who are interested. Loved the Rickles article. He's been looking frail lately although his mind is still sharp. We will never see the likes of him again. I'll probably pick up Sharkey.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Steve...O said:
Thanks for the roundup, Mike. Add me to the list of those waiting for a less insane price for American Sniper. Terrific film but obscene pricing.
Warner did the same thing with the last "Hobbit" film. I bought the first two film on release week, but still haven't bought the final film as prices started out high and seem to have remained there. Seems to be their new strategy to depress sales of blu-ray while the DVD of "American Sniper" is available for less than $15.

Interesting that this week's Walmart flyer mentions the AS DVD for $14.92, but does not list a blu-ray at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks