What's new

News on Heart and more Creedance to Super Audio! (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully they release the 1st 4 Heart lps sometime as well. Some of use believe that Heart ceased to exist when Roger Fisher left the band...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
This is a Must-Buy!!

Since this is on the Epic/Legacy label, would this release be the first Sony hybrid??

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
http://www.highfidelityreview.com/ne...umber=15666967

This is the HFR story on the album with more details.

It says that Sony promised Brian more topline artists in hybrid SACD once it had all three of its hybrid lines up and running. By May the Indiana and Austria facilities will be fully up and have 1 million discs per month capacity.

Seems like we will see more Sony hybrids in the future. :)

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Hopefully they release the 1st 4 Heart lps sometime as well. Some of use believe that Heart ceased to exist when Roger Fisher left the band...
My favorite band of all time...

I like some of the music even after Fisher left, just not as much. The list of songs that I like start to get real anemic after Private Audition.

Of the first 4 albums; two belong to Capitol (picked up from the failed Mushroom Records), and two belong to Sony (since they bought CBS who owned Portrait).

And, since Capitol has shown support for SACD (see Dark Side of the Moon) which is a Sony product, we could very well see SACD's of Heart catalog product some day.

My worry is, in today's "re-mastering to a sonic mush" mentality, any of those 4 records put to redbook CD now is just going to sound real bad.

Of course, the best version of Dreamboat Annie on CD was already done by Steve Hoffman.

Joel

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Joel- Good point about Sony/CBS, Capitol/Mushroom.

In actuality, I kind of like Bebe Le Strange too, but really not much after that. I was always sad that they never put out any live stuff with Roger Fisher. Little Queen is one of my all-time faves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks