What's new

newbie's question on wiring/bi-wiring new system (1 Viewer)

Benny G

Second Unit
Hi...
I am new to this forum (not to mention the world of home theater/audio).
I have looked at the archives using the Search function a lot, and am still rather confused about wiring my system.
First of all, pleeeeaaase don't critique my system. Please don't say that I should have gotten something else. (I don't want to feel bad about spending money..hehe) After all, I'm a poor college student.
I "will soon" have the Harman Kardon AVR 310 receiver. (it's on its way as I type this, somewhere in Ohio..via UPS)
I already have (got from UPS today) Acoustic Research S50 main speakers.
My question is: would it be worth my time/effort to bi-wire this system??
My HK AVR 310 simply has the normal 5 binding posts (not 5-way). No A/B speakers. My AR S50 speakers are made for bi-amping (if desired).
Do I connect both left/right positives/negatives to the SINGLE +/- corresponding terminal on my receiver??
For example - take only my right speaker. Both positives from the speaker go to the right-positive terminal on the receiver?? Same thing for the left speaker. Is that correct??
I'm sorry if this post was too long..I just want to be sure I don't mess my system up once I finally get it.
Thanks for any help!
[Edited last by Benny G on September 07, 2001 at 04:19 PM]

Benny G

Second Unit
Anyone? Help? I'm desperate..
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks