What's new
World Wide Stereo

Newbie with a slight audio lag (1 Viewer)

Mary Sue Scott

Auditioning
Real Name
Mary Sue
I have a new Samsung Led 60in, a samsung dvd/blue ray player, an older Harmon Kardon avr320 that has no hdmi,an older xbox, and a comcast cable box. I have connected the dvd player, comcast box, and tv audio outputs to the receiver all by optical. The comcast box, dvd player are connected to the tv by hdmi and the xbox is connected by component to only the tv. Is there a better way of doing this? It seems to be ok but I notice there is a lag in audio sync to the video. It's not huge but the receiver audio is a fraction behind the tv audio especially playing a dvd. I don't notice it much unless i have left the volume to the tv on instead of muting it.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
About the only thing you can do is go into the setup menus on your TV and disable as many of the image enhancements as possible. Any frame interpolation/smooth motion setting should be set to "Off".

Basically, if there's an "Off" setting in the menus, use it. LCD displays often have these "features" enabled by default, and they cause processing delays.

The way you have things connected is the correct way to do it when your receiver lacks HDMI.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There is (was?) A guy on here selling a Denon for $150. Less than a year old, would simplify things.The XBox would still be the odd one out.(that Denon lacks HDMI upconversion) .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks