What's new

Newbie Wants Advice On Projection TV (1 Viewer)

LynnKCircle

Auditioning
I almost bought the Toshiba 50HX1 at Sam's Club until I read reviews of Toshiba in the associated Toshiba forum. They seem to be very trouble prone, to say the least.

The reason I liked the Toshiba was that the screen consistently appeared sharper, and have less fall-off and a more acute angle, than other brands. This remained true, whether I looked at the TV at Best Buy, Circuit City, or Sam's.

So, then, I need some advice. What 48-57 inch widescreen projection TV gives you the best value for the money? That includes being pretty trouble free, and not requiring a lot of set-up and tweaking time.

I expect there will be a lot of different opinions, but I want to read them all. All advice will be greatly and gratefully appreciated.

Simon-d

Grip
Hello

Sorry I'm new so nothing I can add...but I just recently purchased a 57H83 Toshiba, can you provide the link to the forum you speak of?

Cheers

Sy

LynnKCircle

Auditioning
I don't have the link, but it was the Toshiba forum which is a subpart of this entire forum. More to the point for me -- what has your experience been with teh 57H83? What's the difference between it and the 57H82?

Thanks

Bill Flanagan

Auditioning
I have a 43 inch Sony. Bought it about 4 years ago. Have been really happy with it. I had a service guy com out about a year ago to service it before exteneded warranty was up, which did sharpen the picture. My next one which with be HDTV will be a Sony as well.

Bill

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator
I heard that projection screens can not be paused for long periods of time and also that video games can not be played because the still pictures burn images on the screens - is this true? I want to get one so bad, but I am a big Tivo and Xbox fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks