What's new

Newbie: Ideas for Media Room (1 Viewer)

gmoney7479

Auditioning
Real Name
gresham
I've been reading responsse to questions on the forum. I am in the process of building out Sports theme media room. Currently, the room has light shade of vanilla walls, just not white. I was planning on painting this room a dark blue including the ceiling. I purchased the EPSON 8350 projector. I do not have a screen yet, but is the paint color choice going to pose a problem when projecting against the wall for the time being? Do you have any recommendations on screens? I do not want to break the bank for one either but something decent but not dirt cheap Audio- I have a Pioneer VSX-821 receiver. Speakers - Polk audio towers and polk In wall Rear Speakers Sub - none yet, was going to get Polk but read on this site to avoid Polk Audio Subs. Let me know your thoughts on this. I appreciate any advice you may be able to provide

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I like my DIY screen. Cost me about $75 but you could probably build it now for under $100. There are a lot of kits for around $200 to $300 available all over the internet. Name brand screens will cost upwards of $1,000. I don't know what breaks your bank but I'm one cheap SOB.

gmoney7479

Auditioning
Real Name
gresham
Is painting the walls fine? I am painting walls today. I just want to be sure that it should not be a problem.

gmoney7479

Auditioning
Real Name
gresham
So I painted the room and left a box in front of the room for the screen. I am hoping to do a 92" screen. My friend was suggesting going out and buying Vinyl material and building frame around. What are your thoughts on this? I can upload images of the room if you prefer.

phaeren86

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
currently I display my projector on my wall. it's white so i'm not really sure about the color of the wall having an effect on the projected image (although i suspect that it most definetly would). I like that you thought to leave an unpainted space to project the image, i don't think i would have thought of that. I do own a screen, but in my apartment I don't really have a use for it. i would have to agree with your friend, buying vinyl and essentially making your own screen sounds like a good idea. The main thing would be to find vinyl in the dimensions you need for your screen and to determine how cost effect that might be. just in a few minutes trying to research this with google, all i could find for vinyl in the dimension you would need were manufactured projection screens, so i guess it also has to do with how much time you have to do the research and how soon you would need the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks