What's new

New Toshiba with problems; help please. (3 Viewers)

KenMc

Grip
Ok, I just got my new Toshiba 27a45 27" curved tube tv earlier today from BB. when i was watching a movie in widescreen, i noticed the the entire image is scewed. The right side of the set is up, and the left is down a bit. It looks like the picture is rotated by a few degrees. It's not a lot, but it annoys the crap out of me. Another thing, is when my DVD player does its screen saver, it looks like only about 95% of the screen is displayed, b/c the bouncing logo goes off the screen a bit. And, when I popped in AVIA on the overscan test screen it didn't show the whole box. it was overscan at about 5% along with the image being scewed. Should I bring it back for an exchange? I don't have a truck so everytime i do this i need to borrow one which is a feat in itself. Toshiba also has a 90 day labor in home repair deal. Would I be able to get the guy to fix the overscan as well as the scew at the same time? Is there a service menu that I can go into?

KenMc

Grip
Forgot to ask, but if I upgraded to a flat tube set, would I have the same problems, or would the flat tube be a better choice.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Sometimes the Service menu has a tilt feature to correct this ...

5% overscan is normal for TV's. It's done like that on purpose and not a defect of any sort. Some service menu parameters might allow you to reduce it, but taking it too far is not recommended. There is a good reason sets have overscan built in.

Regards

KenMc

Grip
I couldnt find the service manual, but i returned it for a better flat screen samsung. haven't turned it on yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks