What's new

New to this page, could use some advice... (1 Viewer)

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I've been posting on some of the other boards here, but now it's time to stick my head in this door.
I'm going to be in the market for a new TV in a year or so. I'm wanting to start researching my options now, so that when it's me vs. the salesman I can at least hold my own for a while.
I definately want a widescreen TV. Due to my room constraints, I don't think a projector and screen would be possible, so I'm wanting to start investigating RPTV's.
I would love to ask, "so what should I know", but that would get a bit tiresome for you folks, wouldn't it? Instead, I'd like to ask if there are any especially good resources out there that I could use to learn what I need to know on this stuff? Are there any books or websites that I should take a look at (other than this one :) )?
Whatever advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'll have the audio side of things done this year. Time to get rid of my 27"
blush.gif
after that.
Again, thanks in advance!

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Chauncey,
I can't think of a better place than right here to learn what you need to know about your upcoming new tv purchase.
I'd suggest you establish a pricerange and decide what size screen you'd prefer, then decide whether you want an rptv or direc-view set. Go out to a few stores in your area and get a feel for what's available at what price in your area, as well as some first impressions of which sets you like as far as features and picture quality. Note down the mfr. and model numbers of any sets that attract you.
Come back to this forum and look for threads regarding the specific makes and models you like--usually you can get a lot if information this way. If you don't find what you want to know, start a new thread with your own specific questions.
Folks around here are extremely knowledgeable, and more than willing to help out a newcomer with even the most basic questions.
Welcome and have fun!
------------------
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks