What's new

new to ht and really need some help (1 Viewer)

leafswillwin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
hey everyone,

i have been visiting this forum for about a month now trying to find answers to all my questions. I can say that i really love this site as almost all my questions were answered when reading different topics. i finally made my account and i think im ready to buy my speakers. I live in Canada and went to 2001 audiovideo which is the closest electronics store from where i live.

Anyways, i found some sets of speakers that i think might be good. I like how they look and they are also in my price range. however, i will not buy these unless i can get some more feedback from you guys. I was wondering if the specs are good ( i really dont know what to make of them, im still new). I will be using the system for about 99% movies and hd digital cable. 1% music.

they can be found on referenceaudiosystems.com

front: R36T

center: R25C

surround back and surround side: R6B

Sub: RSW150

i wanted to post the url but the site wont let me yet, sorry

now the salesman says they are top of the line stuff but of course i dont know if he is lieing. So i really need an honest opinion from you guys.

if you guys think these speakers are bad please recommend anything else. i need all the help i can get. My budget which might seem low to you all is 1000cdn. Im looking for floor speakers and the matching surrounds and center. Oh its 7.1 too. this might be too much info for my first post but i hope someone can help me out. also, if it helps the speakers will be connected to a yamaha rxv-659.

thank you so much for reading my post. can't wait for responses.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Never heard of them, and based on that, I would have to be a little suspicious of them. In Canada, I would look at the offerings from Paradigm, Energy/Athena /Mirage (same parent company), Axiom, and PSB to name a few. You should be able to find dealers for most of them I'd imagine.

leafswillwin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
thanks but could you quickly give me some specific models thats would be good and fit my budget. i really need help on this , i have no idea what to get.

leafswillwin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
wow all those seem way too much for me. im looking at a budget of 1000.

thanks

Bud Millis

Auditioning
John,

If my math is right, thats about $853.00 US dollars for a 7.1 system. First of all, at least in the US, most items are recorded up to 5.1. Forget the 7.1 speakers and go with the 5.1. That will move you into a little better speaker system. Paradigm, and DT's I tend to favor. Second, listen to several different speaker systems, determine the one that sounds good to you. Third, go to several different stores and develop a relationship with them.

Get all the same speakers (series), you want tambur matched.

Now with that out of the way, you may need to pony up somemore $. DT ProCinemas are very good. The 800 Series goes for about 1000.00 in the US or appro $1172 in CA. Polk Audio Monitor will run you about $1300 US, I think Paradigm also has a system for about 1K.

Try Best Buy, Circuit City, on the web check out Crutchfield's.

Happy hunting!

MaxL

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Max Levine
athena 2pair as b1, 1x as c1, 1x as p6000 combo $690 us from audioadvisor.com. psb alphas are great I have them. both companies have new lines out and are canadian so you should be able to find good deals. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reel-to-reel
Recent bookmarks