What's new

New to Home Theater, Setup Help (1 Viewer)

robsox

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Hi all,
I've just received a Philips HTS565D Home Theater System from a friend and am trying to figure out the best way to integrate it with my other components but have run into a few issues so I thought I'd ask for some advice.

Basically, I would like to connect 2 screens (1 Projector, 1 HD LCD), a PS3, and cable box to the unit but there are no video inputs. I was looking at a Cables To Go 40697 6x2 Component Video Matrix Selector Switch on Amazon but wasn't sure if there was a better way as the projector (Mitsubishi HC1500) has HDMI and would require a 30ish foot run of component cable and the Philips unit is limited to 1 Coax audio in and 2 RCA type auxiliary inputs. Would the Sima VS-560 be a better option?

All of the units have HDMI except the Philips (it does have HDMI Out) so I'm unsure of my best option. Ideally, I would like to be able to use the 2 video systems independently, playing a game while watching a movie for example, but could live with bypassing the phillips for audio on the flat screen if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or help you could give me.

Rob

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to the Forum, Rob!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have more system than the Philips can handle. Your best bet is to replace it with a home theater receiver with enough inputs and outputs, and the right kind, for the other gear you have. Of course, that will also require a DVD player and set of speakers and a subwoofer as well.

Barring that, your best bet is to send the video signals from the PS3, cable box, etc. directly to the projector and/or LCD, and the audio signals to the Philips (assuming it has audio inputs).

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I use a Monoprice.com 4x2 matrix switch box and it works great. I see your goals of dual video but which one gets surround sound? How will you concentrate on either?

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks