What's new

new titanium powerbooks (1 Viewer)

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
so does anyone out there have one of these beauties... i know i don't but want one soooo bad... i could almost afford the 12" one, but wish to save for the 17" one... man, that key glowing thing is great! and 17" is frikkin huge! man, so does anyone have one and would like to brag... feel free...

~Brice

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Brice:

I don't have one yet, but I know how you can save a little money if you decide to get one.

Apple extends an admittedly small discount to students on its products. If you're a student in elementary school or college, you can get a small discount on the new PowerBooks - up to $150 for the top-of-the-line 17". Worth a look if you're a student. :)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I don't have one of the new Titanium PowerBooks, but I've been playing around with one of the new Aluminum ones. ;) Specifically the 12" model. It's a fantastic, compact piece of equipment and runs 10.2 significantly smoother than the G3-based iBook. Inserting the Airport Extreme card is a snap...just slides into the underside of the machine instead of having to remove the keyboard. Although the 17" model, has a lot of gee-whiz wizardry in it, I don't have much interest in a laptop that size. However, I'll probably get to play with one since our office usually gets at least one of each new product to test out.

By the way, I think the student pricing is better than $150. Our office gets $200 off the price of the 17" and I'm pretty sure the student discount is better than what we get.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
The K12 price on the 17" Powerbook is $3149. A $150 discount.

I want them to update the 15" model to FW800/Airport Extreme and the fiber optic keyboard. I have the 15" titanium now and absolutely love it. Perfect size.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I'm with Patrick. I'm patiently waiting for that as well. Right now my Pismo still rocks.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Actually the discount is much more if you get a student membership to ADC (Apple Developer Connection).

Info On Membership

A $99 membership fee gets you a one-time purchase at the ADC Store.

Info On Discount

Link To ADC Store

How does a 17" Powerbook for $2639 sound? The 12" base model for $1439, 15" base model for $1839, discounts on all other hardware too (monitors, G4 towers, eMacs, iMacs, iBooks, etc.).

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Have to admit that there's some pretty sweet educational deals out there. My mom teaches kindergarten and I had her take advantage of the free copy of Jaguar, as well as the copy of iLife and Keynote for only $14.95. Needless to say, they won't be seeing much time in her classroom. ;)

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
My neighbor has one. The screen is very wide, and very thin. The whole thing is about 2 cm thick... pretty sexy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks