What's new

Star Trek: Picard - Season One - CBS All Access - starring Patrick Stewart (2 Viewers)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I know it is just a trailer but again everything of interest to me Riker, Troi, Data, Seven...Awesome. Everything else looks completely blah to me. I guess I will give another Trek series a try, and just hope for the best.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Although I would have liked a better hair thing on Data.

Agreed, it doesn't look quite right, but I'm willing to give this show a lot of wiggle room before it debuts. I want to judge it based on an entire episode or season, not three minutes here.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
There was an aspect to this new trailer that gave me a sense of deja vu. It was sort of like All Good Things. An older Picard is trying to convince all his old colleagues to help him on a quest. Of course that plot was created by Q. And I know Patrick Stewart would not agree to do this series if it was a rehash. So the similarity to All Good Things may be just coincidence from what we are shown in the trailer.

By the way Bryan, your impression of this trailer reminded me of how I felt watching the first 1/2 hour of the DS9 pilot the first time. The shots showing the Borg attack at Wolf 359 was the stuff of TNG. Then we got to these new characters on DS9 and I was like, ok, the fun is over. :).

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
For this series, I may have to join CBS. Was never to excited for Discovery (although I did like it, particularly the second season) but this is different.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
First look at Picard's admiral uniform from 2385:
StarTrek_Picard_S01_0268.jpg

I dig it. This is a new era of "Trek", and having new uniforms helps delineate that. Any time we see this style of uniform, we'll know we're in the "Picard" era.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Here's another look at it, from the upcoming third issue of the Picard: Countdown prequel comic-book series:

BdOOcAI.jpg

Also, I'm guessing that the onscreen flashbacks are gonna take place circa 2387, perhaps around the same time that the Hobus supernova destroys Romulus, if that dialogue from the teaser-trailers about the "rescue armada" are any indication (plus the imperial Romulan-insignia on the comic cover is probably a sign, too). Though apparently he did get promoted to the rank of admiral in 2381 (two years after the events of Nemesis), so I guess there's plenty of extra room for additional flashbacks set during those years, if needed.

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Probably a pass for me but we'll see. Not crazy about social media driving what people ultimately decide to embrace. In my day we put it out there and it did what it did.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
@joshEH i must be an idiot - I can’t find that comic to buy but I’d love to read it. What am I doing wrong?

You're not waiting until January 2020, when it actually comes out.
:lol::cool: ^ Yeah, the first issue comes out next month, and #3 (the final issue) should be out in January, right before the series itself premieres on CBS All Access. Should've mentioned that, but forgot to.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
After the fiasco that is Discovery, it's a bit reassuring to see they got small things right for Picard, like the commbadge and the Admiral's boxed pips.
Although, to be sure, physical appearances have ALWAYS been a very fluid thing in Star Trek — for example, the new series is completely jettisoning the ‘80s/‘90s Michael Westmore Romulan forehead makeup-designs in favor of Neville Page’s makeup-designs from the 2009 J.J. Abrams film...which were, indeed, a return to the original 1960s concept of the “smooth-headed” Romulan species.

In this franchise, as we’ve seen time and time again, physical characteristics, be they of alien species, costume-designs, or of spaceships, are quite mutable and subject to change at the end of the day, even across different franchise-iterations involving the same character(s). It’s all about artistic expression, first and foremost.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Patrick Stewart says it is likely we will see the rest of the cast of TNG in Picard. No word on whether this is in the first season or the second.

Star Trek: Patrick Stewart Hints at More Returning Next Generation Cast in Picard Series

During an appearance at the Destination Star Trek convention, Stewart gave fans hope they’ll see their wish come true. After praising his returning co-stars, Stewart posed a question. Stewart asked, “Will we meet the rest of the crew?” He then answered “I think so,” eliciting an ovation from the fans in attendance.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/10/26/star-trek-picard-next-generation-cast-patrick-stewart/

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Patrick Stewart says it is likely we will see the rest of the cast of TNG in Picard. No word on whether this is in the first season or the second.

It makes sense and I am very open to special appearances if they make sense in context of the story itself. Don't just shoehorn people in just because. I've always said it would make sense to see the TNG crew in some capacity in Picard. Not every week or just a random "we bumped into each other," but for a logical reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks