What's new

New speakers on a budget (1 Viewer)

DavidStaggs

Auditioning
Hello. OK i just bought a pioneer 814 and was wondering what speakers i should get if i am on a budget somewhere between 100 and 500 bucks? Obviously, for me, the cheaper the better. I don't want it to take me 20 years to pay these speakers off

OK thanks, and I am so new, please be as specific in names of speakers as possible

SethH

Senior HTF Member
David, are you looking for surround sound, or just two speakers? This will help determine where people point you. Klipsch and JBL both make some very good speakers in your price range. If you're looking for surround sound, you might consider the Hsu Ventriliquist set.

DavidStaggs

Auditioning
I am looking for surround sound Also, I just bought a RPTV and was wondering if i could use the speakers that came with it as my center speakers? Or is that a bad idea?

I will be able to find what you suggested by just typing in HSU Ventriliquist? Will a set of speakers come up:)

Thanks again
David

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Here's the link to Hsu:

http://www.hsustore.com/vt12.html

I think that's probably your best bet. It's $300 directly from Hsu, but does not include a sub. You could either wait on a sub, buy one from Hsu which would put you near your budget, or you could purchase the Dayton sub from PartsExpress for about $115.

I wouldn't use the speakers in your tv as the center because the sound won't match the other speakers.

RichF

Auditioning
I have been looking at Cambridge Soundwork 108. They are listed at $500 but can be bought directly from Cambridge on Ebay refurbished for $320 with the manufacturer's 10 year warranty. Hard to beat.

Dennis Sr

Auditioning
I just found a place in NJ selling Infinity Primus 150's for $120 shipped or $89 in store.I drove there from LI bought 4 pair and a JBL sub-12" 250w @ $197,they gave me another $50 off for spending $500. Electronic Expo what a deal!Only have them hooked up to my old Kenwood stereo{waiting on new receiver}they sound great!

DavidStaggs

Auditioning
Just purchased my Hsu Ventriliquist surround set for 150 so am still looking for a sub but thanks again for all the advice. I think i will go with the dayton sub from parts express

Thomas Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
I have 4 Polk R20's and a CSi Center Channel which I purchased for just under 500$. Sounds spectacular. I would go check them out. Listen to as much as you can before you purchase and don't forget to take your favorite CD's with you.

ps, you can throw in a Dayton subwoofer for just over 100$ and you would have a formidable budget system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks