What's new

New Sony 36fv27 and prominant pixels (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kuopus

Auditioning
I just purchased a Sony 36fv27, and have been very pleased so far with just about everything. My only concern is the prominant pixels that I can view from about 9-10 feet and in which is absolutely driving me nuts. My main sitting position is about 13 feet away so thats not really an issue, although I do have some sitting arrangments about 9 feet away. Is there anything I can do with the color menu or some other "fix" that would make these less evident? I am currently running digital cable with coax hookups, and am wondering if changing to a s-video hook up from the cable box to the tv would help at all? Thanks alot in advance for you input.

Ergin Guney

Agent
No offense, but watching digital cable through a coaxial hookup is a bit like driving your Ferrari exclusively on dirt roads. Yes, switching to S-video will help a lot, and in more than one aspect (better resolution, no comb filter artifacts, less noise, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks