What's new

New Rythmik Audio Driver (1 Viewer)

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I just stumbled across this while looking for answers for someone who wanted to inquire about servo subs. You may remember that Rythmik used to use a rather generic-looking 12" driver that looked a lot like the older Dayton Titanics. The new driver is a real beauty, with a dark-gray one-piece aluminum cone. I believe that this driver is designed and built for Rhythmik Audio by AE Speakers. It looks like the same sticker that is on all AE Speakers magnet assemblies is on this one. However, I could be wrong.

That looks like a driver I'd be proud to have in my home theater, even if it weren't a servo subwoofer. Money's a little tight for me right now, though, and at $170, the cost of admission is a little high for a raw driver. However, the new Rythmik driver looks to be a very good option for high-fidelity bass that is mostly music-oriented, as it features an aluminum shorting ring for lowering inductance, and those aluminum cones always sound excellent. 350w RMS. 15mm Xmax. The potential deal-breaker for use with amps other than the Rythmik amps is that the driver has a nominal impedance of 2.8 ohms. While it would be weird to try and use this in any old DIY project, the new Rhythmik Audio driver should give the audio DIYer a good reason to consider trying a DirectServo kit. I'm still looking forward to the AE Speakers AV12 for my own use, though, as I already have a box that uses it.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Well, it's also the only sub driver to have the second coil custom-wound for Rythmik audio's servo feedback operation, but it looks like Rythmik is now including an extremely high quality driver in their $400 servo subwoofer kit.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
From the Rhythmik Audio website.......

Distortion power?

What's that?

I bet it's a meaningless term created for marketing purposes, and intended to mislead people that don't know better .. :D

And implying a relationship between a 10dB difference in distortion, and a 10dB difference in output is nonsense.

He also compares the distortion characteristics of his new driver against the original long discontinued AV15, and old not available Shiva. I guess it's problematic to compare drivers that a person can actually buy.

This guy may have a decent product, but his salesmanship is certainly suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks