What's new

What's my best sub upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Hi- quick question:

I'm going to use my current sub stuff (Stryke SAE1204 and PE 250w amp) to build a sealed sub for music only, and plan to reuse the box I have with new drivers. It is a 3ft^3 box with 2 opposing 15" PR's weighted to around 1300 or so, and I can change the weight.

So, is my money better spent on:

a) Stryke AV12 and Rythmik 350w plate amp

b) Rythmik 12" servo sub kit (amp and driver)

I was getting the Stryke and Rythmik combo, but after reading the Rythmik site, wondered about the quality of the driver, since the intro special is a pretty good deal.

Rythmik audio servo kit

Thanks!

Wes

A

Anthony_Gomez

The best upgrade would be some room measurement equipment :) TrueRTA, wallin pre-ampII, and Panasonic WM-61A mic.

Next to that would be room treatmetns like bass traps.

I personally think that proper placement and room treatment are WAY too overlooked.

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, guys-

Tony- I don't know if I'd get into measurement software for my home theater room. I do have a BFD running with a house curve dialed in. My room is fairly dead- not super big, with a large couch and wall to wall plush carpeting. I've thought about bass traps, but honestly I can't tell if I really need them right now.

It's a basement room on a slab, so I don't get any floor vibration from the sub, so sometimes it seems it's not having as big an impact. . .

I mostly thought of this upgrade as a way to prevent bottoming out on really any material at the levels I listen at. My biggest concern is being able to slightly widen the countersink hole to fit the AV12 since I have the woofer flush mounted. . .

Wes

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
Tony,

Not to call you unhelpful or anything, but the link you posted is to option number 2 in my first post. . .

Are you saying I should get both?:)

Wes

A

Anthony_Gomez

Wes....actually no...go with the AV. I accidently posted that post in the wrong thread!!:b

After I hit submit I closed the window...I later looked and I couldn't find my post....now I know where it went!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks