What's new

New Place New Possibilites (1 Viewer)

dmillertime

Auditioning
Real Name
Deron Miller
So I just moved into a new place after landing new higher paying job and want to upgrade my home theater system from virtually non-existant to pretty freaking awesome.

I'm looking for someone who might be willing to work with me and set something up, kinda like a feng shui interior decorating techno guru, since I don't have the time or knowledge to do it myself, but I want a fair amount of imput, would love to "get invovled", and I want a home entertainment system that doesn't dominate my living environment.

I live in the philadelphia area. If you know of someone please send a referral. Otherwise, I'll be back with tons of stupid questions.:D

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
My best advice would be to ask lots of questions first on this forum, so that when you hire a consultant you know what questions to ask and ensure that your money is well spent. I'll help you get started with a few questions:

1. What are the dimensions of the room?
2. What are the lighting conditions in the room?
3. Are you looking for a Projector, Rear Projection TV or Flat Panel TV?
4. What is your viewing distance?
5. Are you looking to build a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound system?
6. Is this system primarily for music or movies?
7. What music do you listen to?
8. You said you'd like a system that doesn't dominate your living environment - do you prefer loudspeakers, bookshelf speakers or satellite speakers?
9. What equipment do you already own?
10. What is your budget?

There are lots of considerations when building a home theatre: display, wall mounts, receiver, speakers, subwoofer, speaker stands, universal remote, surge protection, A/V cabling, speaker cabling, subwoofer cable, DVD player, professional installation, calibration, etc. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks