New Pearl Jam DVD available

Discussion in 'Music' started by ChadM, Jun 4, 2003.

1. ChadM

ChadM Stunt Coordinator

Just to let everyone know there is a new PJ dvd available via their website. It is of a concert in Seattle before the most recent tour started. The date is 12/6/02 I think. Good quality PCM track. Songs tend to come from the new album with such favorites as Creed Disease, Elderly Woman and Evolution thrown in. Yellow Ledbetter is an encore number.

This is a big contrast from the Touring Band 2000 DVD in it is a smaller venue and the band seems to have it's guard down a little.

2. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Well I for one hope this thread stays open. That other thread titled as a discussion of their new album, which I didn't bother to purchase, thus would have never sifted through 6 pages to find this information. PJ Live DVD is worthy I think of its own thread.

Thanks for the heads up!

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Yes, I wouldn't have known about the new DVD except for this thread as well. Thanks.

5. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

great dvd... of course for best results, listen to it LOUD!

6. George See

George See Second Unit

I'd have to say excellent DVD and a great contrast to the Touring Band 2000....Very intimate setting very informal. It is heavey on the new material so if you don't like their new album you may be dissapointed. However it does contain very good versions of yellow ledbetter, daughter and Do the evolution. It is also in widescreen for those that care, no dolby digital though but as already stated the stereo track is very nice. Picture quality is better than the touring band DVD. Absolutly no extras and the packaging is kinda cheap and flimsy, but the low price of the dvd I paid 15.00, more than makes up for the barebones disc. I'd have to say it's a no brainer for Pearl Jam fans.

7. ChadM

ChadM Stunt Coordinator

You are all very welcome. I figured a head's up would be good as I just ran across this on their website.

My favorite moment is Mike wailing at the beginning of Save You.

8. ChadM

ChadM Stunt Coordinator

Oh yeah - other favorite moment - Ed forgets the words during Corduroy.

9. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ