What's new

New Marantz Range Confirmed. (1 Viewer)

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
You're quite welcome guys. I think this unit has a lot of potential. When I'm ready to complete my HT its probably what I'll get too.

However, I've decided to concentrate on upgrading my 2CH first. Out with the Maggies and in with the Thiels. I'll also upgrade my ancient Adcom gear for McIntosh. A fellow HTFer just got a sweet analog rig and I'll drag my wife along to hear that. If she likes it, I'll probably add one too.

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, what an impressive unit - thanks, Alex!

I really wish Marantz would release a new pre-pro unit with the features and surround modes found on the SR7300. Does anyone know if an AV9300 is in the works?

I've been using an SR7200 as a home theater pre-pro for almost a year, and it has worked out quite well. Other than the widely reported S-Video sync problem, it has not been afflicted with any of the known problems in the X200 line. Hopefully, Marantz will take care of the quality control bugs this time around with the x300 units.

I purchased the SR7200 with the idea of upgrading to the new Marantz pre-pro, whenever they get around to releasing it. Seeing as my upgrade window for the 7200 expires in 3 days, I will be bringing it back to my dealer tomorrow to take advantage of their upgrade policy.

I had narrowed my upgrade choices to the Marantz SR8200 receiver or the Rotel 1066 pre-pro. But the pending introduction of the X300 line by Marantz complicates my decision a little. I doubt if my dealer will let me upgrade to the 7300, as that would be more of a sideways move and would involve a long waiting period, I'm sure. But I'm reluctant to spring for an 8200 if a replacement will be announced shortly.

Seeing as I really only need a HT pre-pro (have Paradigm Active speakers), I will probably go ahead and get the Rotel 1066. It has all of the latest surround modes (with the exception of DTS 96/24 and THX Ultra II), is software upgradeable, and is available right now in a swank silver finish.

But the new Marantz line really has me intrigued. If Marantz finally releases an updated pre-pro based on the X300 line, I will definitely be salivating. I've always liked the look, feel, and sound of Marantz products, and the new 7300 seems like it will definitely deliver.

Cary

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Alex or ChrisPC -
I'm sure a lot of people are interested in the PDF (including me). Is there a way to post it to this board or thread as an attachment?
If not, please send it to me too :)
[email protected]

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Hi all!

I just sent the file to Phil so he can post it on his website for you all. I'm heading out on vacation in several hours so I don't have the time to send it to everyone.

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
Click on my signature link to visit my homepage. I put it right on the top.

Phil

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Thank you Phil!
But now I'm sad. :frowning:
Looks like a new version of the Cirrus DSP engine as used in the Rotel and Outlaw pre/pros... CS49326 for the 950, CS49400x for the Marantz.
And it has CS-II (for stereo sources) but not Circle Surround 5.1 for DD/DD EX/DTS/DTS-ES (matrix) sources.
At least on pg 4, where they talk about the "7.1 channel input," they'd have you believe that the "double bass" problem of the Outlaw and Rotel pre/pros has been fixed. ;)
Doesn't look like it has any bass management on the 7.1 analog inputs either.
So close...

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
The crossover in the sub should not be used if connecting through the sub out on the receiver. The receiver does all the bass management which is why variable receiver cutoffs are nice.

BTW That is a very good price on the 7200 - which store??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks