What's new

New Marantz Range Confirmed. (1 Viewer)

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
David,

James noted in the first post that the price is not expected to change from the current line, or very little. I wouldn't expect to see them hit the streets until late August or September. This is purely a guess though.

Alex

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Those are some nice enhancements over the current line, but not enough to make me upgrade from my 6200 yet... maybe the 8300 in the new year if I have the cash.

I have to hand it to Marantz. This will be the second time they have trumped the competition with the latest features at a price point. Though I hope they've learned from the x200's and exercise some stringent quality control from the get-go.

DavidVTHokie

Stunt Coordinator
Well between all of the upgrades they've done and the brutal S&V review - I would hope they've learned what not to do. I have no experience with the brand, but every review I have ever read of a "fixed" unit (specifically 7200s) has been positive. I'm hoping the problem has been licked.
Can someone please send me the new 7300 pdf to [email protected] - I'm interested in checking out the remote. Any of you 7200 owners know if the 8200 series (or better) remotes work with the 7200?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
All of the Marantz remotes work with all of their receivers, though the lower remotes obviously do not have all the buttons for all the features of the higher models, though most of them appear to be programmable (5200 and up, have not seen a 4200's remote yet). The remotes that come with the 8200 and 9200 are available separately, and they are basically Prontos with Marantz' name on them. The SR19, 18 and 14 all came with the RC2000MkII (afaik), also sold separately, which I bought for use with my 6200 and am very happy with.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Well, unless the crossover is adjustable or the THX 80hz , then its useless to me. I really don't like the 100 hz crossover at all. I think the NAD T752 is coming out any time now and the NAD T762 will come out this fall. I will check those out before going with another Marantz, especially when dropouts and other problems may still exist.

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
The remote for the 4200 is actually identical to that of the 5200, just some of the buttons dont function when using it with the 4200.

When I E-mailed Marantz they said the release date for the 7300 was late September/early October, although I think that was for the U.K so not sure about the U.S.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I stopped by the local Marantz dealer at lunch and brought a print out of the 7300 pdf file to see what they might say. The manager was quite surprised. He said that his reps have indicated it won't be sometime until next year before Marantz releases anything new. The US can often be 6 months to a year behind what is happening in Europe. However, he went on to note that they've been having a very tough time getting some of the receivers recently and speculated that it could be because it will get released sooner rather than later. When the reps know that something new is forthcoming they will sometimes be very tight lipped in order to clear out stock of existing inventory.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Its funny and rather unfortunate that retail stores are not integrated with their customers use of the internet. I'd say a good portion of customers are now aware of upcoming new products and as time goes on, more and more customers will learn more from the internet than from the store, even if they don't buy on line.

I asked the store I got my Marantz receiver from and they said they hadn't heard of any new line of Marantz receivers. I didn't bother to mention about my seeing it on the internet. They must have trouble with that because it makes it a little harder to sell the older stuff. Oh well, I guess if manufacturers bring out new stuff, than thats whats going to happen, especially if its brought out in other places first.

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
As I only bought my 7200 3-4weeks ago I E-mailed the online store I got it from to ask about the 7300, they simply said they would start selling the 7300 when they got stock of it. At least they admitted they would be getting stock but they are not sure when.

DavidVTHokie

Stunt Coordinator

Well, it seems this unit is worth waiting for over the 7200. I was just joking with the wife that I had been searching for the "perfect receiver for my budget", had just settled on the 7200 and now the 7300 will be out soon. Looks like Santa will be bringing it to me for Christmas - though I'd rather have it as a Labor Day gift! Let's hope it's out sooner as opposed to later.

Ferran Mazzanti

Stunt Coordinator
"The US can often be 6 months to a year behind what is happening in Europe."
Are you sure? I had the impression Marantz works first (and better) in the US than in Europe... as for exemple, a 8200 goes for around $1400, while here goes for €2400 whith €1 approx $0.97. Is that justice :frowning: ?
BTW, how do you quote text here? i can't manage to make it work...

DavidVTHokie

Stunt Coordinator

Click reply, scroll down below the text box (messages are now in reverse order), find the message to quote and ctrl-c your text you want to quote.

Look for the "B I U S C Q" buttons above the message entry box, pick Q, and paste your message in there.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Karl Sylthe,
I tried forwarding the file to you but for some reason my computer didn't like your e-mail addy. Maybe someone else that has the file can pass it on...this is his address: [email protected]
Ferran,
Are you sure? I had the impression Marantz works first (and better) in the US than in Europe... as for exemple, a 8200 goes for around $1400, while here goes for €2400 whith €1 approx $0.97. Is that justice ?
This is what my dealer told me. Whether it's true or not I can't say for sure. I must say that you guys are definitely getting hosed on the cost though.
I can't wait for the 7300, seems like it has a lot of potential. I love having the upgrade path in a unit for this price range. The one thing that the specs don't show that I'd really like to find out is the bandwidth of the component video inputs and outputs. Hopefully it will be wide enough for HDTV.

Matt Abel

Auditioning
I recieved a reply from the Marantz guys in the UK stating that, "The New SRx300 range of receiver will be on sale towards the end of September with the new brochures becoming available early September."

Take it for what it is, but I'm still pretty intrigued. Does anyone know if the other manufacturers will be rolling out new recievers anytime soon. I know that Pioneer has new Elites coming out at the end of the summer and Kenwood has just released their new low end models (iteresting products also with CSII and some good reviews at AreaDVD).

Forgive the nonsequitor, but does anyone know why AreaDVD always has the first reviews on new recievers?

-Matt

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Onkyo has already released a couple of new entry level receivers and I'm sure we'll be seeing some more soon from their upper end.

Denon has just released the 1403 and I've seen some info on the yet to be released 1803 and 2803 on another thread. So, to answer your question, yes. Other comapnies are coming out with new lines as well. There should be all sorts of interesting things coming out this fall.

I'm still really looking forward to the 7300 though.

DavidVTHokie

Stunt Coordinator

Denon for sure. I have a local shop who said Sept/Oct. They currently do not sell Denon, but will add them with this new line. He mentioned that current model allocation is hard to get, so they aren't going to bother until the new models are released.

As far as the Component video badwidth, is this a problem? Are reveiver mfgr's actually designing receivers without enough bandwidth for HDTV? Anyone know the spec they need to hit for no-loss HDTV?

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
To get no-loss HDTV you need 50 MHz bandwidth. There are a good number of receivers on the market right now that don't have it. I don't believe the 7200 has it. I know the Denon 3802 doesn't, Rotel's new stuff doesn't, Outlaw doesn't. Onkyo is getting better about it.

etsoi

Grip
Will they replace the SR8200 as well? I think it is not a good time for me to get a new receiver. I just saved up around 1600US to get a new receiver but the two receivers that I am interested STR-DA5ES and SR8200 both have people saying that they will be replace soon. Should I just wait a few more months before buying it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks