What's new

New Marantz Range Confirmed. (1 Viewer)

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
The new range of Marantz Receivers certainly looks tempting and very good value, the base model SR-4300 will contain 6-channels of amplification, all 80watts and is said to be going to handle EX, DTS ES, Neo:6 plus everything the 4200 currently does, the new Denon range will definately have to be something special to compete, especially as the price of the 4300 is only £10 more than the outgoing 4200. The rest of the range, the 5200, 6200 and 7200 have not gone up in price but their is no info yet as to whether they will be able to decode more than they can now, but they are all supposed to add more power, have better quality DAC's and better inputs than their outgoing models.

Paul Wu

Stunt Coordinator
Cool. Will they have adjustable crossovers? or will they still have a fixed 100Hz?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks James. I'll be interested in seeing what is new for the 6200/7200 replacements, and it will have to be fairly significant for me to swap out my 6200.
More power means only a 5-10wpc jump usually, nothing significant. Better DACs? They sound pretty good already, IMO. :D
Adjustable x-over would be nice. If the other features are improved, adjustable x-over might make it worth an upgrade.

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately no mention of adjustable X-overs, only really found info on the new 4300. Hopefully the 7300 will contain 7-channels of amplification instead of its current 6, also the 6300 might, or should have the upgraded remote found in the current 7200.

The power jump on the 4200 - 4300 was only 10watts so will probably be the same across the range. If they have improved the sound with music on the new Marantz's they will certainly prove to be the better option over Denon for people wanting a system that can do both, if they have got the surround capabilities to Denon's level then they should quite comfortably be the best out their.

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
I read about them in What Hi-Fi magazine in a news section. I E-mailed Marantz direct the other day about the new 7300 and they have replied and sent me all the specs and also a picture of it, they have changed the design of the 7300 slightly but the picture I saw of the 4300 looked the same as the 4200.
If anybody would like information on the range just E-mail Marantz from their website and they will send you a file containing all the specs.

Matt Abel

Auditioning
James,

I got the runaround from Marantz America on info about the new recievers. Could you just post the information or email it to me ([email protected])?

The only interesting piece of information I got out of them is that there seems to be an upgrade for the 8200 reciever coming up in a few months. Although the guy I talked to had no idea what it will be or how it will be impletmented.

Thanks,

Matt

James_N_H

Stunt Coordinator
I only have the info on the 7300 that Marantz sent, but I also had to delete the E-mail due to its size.
I do however have the pdf file contained in the E-mail stored on my desktop, I will post it on here if anyone can inform me how to do it?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
More info! Anyone with more info on the x300 that replaces the 6200/7200 and maybe even the 8200/9200's would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Abel

Auditioning
I got the 7300 info from James and I must say it looks pretty impressive. It has DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, CSII and all the other standard surround modes. It is also says that it will be software upgradable. It's feature set looks really complete.

The primary downside that I saw was the remote, essentially the same one that is being packaged with the new Kenwood recievers. It may be functional, but the old 7200's remote definately looked a lot nicer.

I think upgrades might be in the works for the 8200/9200 through the rs232 upgrade ports, but I all I heard was a rumour.

-Matt

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
I got the info from James as well. It also indicates that the 7300 will have 6 channels of amplification with a preout for 7. It will be 110 wpc.

Matt Abel

Auditioning
SR7300 - Preliminary Specifications

FEATURES
MULTICHANNEL/SURROUND MODES
DTS / DTS ES (Matrix) / DTS ES (Discrete,NEO:6) / DTS 96/24
DD / DD EX
DPL / DPL II
Circle Surround CS-ll
Virtual Surround
Multi Channel Stereo
Other surround:
Auto Surround Mode Detection

SOUND ENHANCEMENTS
Discrete Amplification (All)
Toroidal Power Transformer: EI
Linear drive power supply
CCNE
Symmetric PCB layout
Chassis: Metal
D/A Conversion 192/24-bit: All channels
A/D Conversion: 192/24
Digital Signal Processor CS49400x
Video Off •
High Grade Video Switching
Pure Direct
High grade audio components
Customized Components

OTHER
Random Tuner Presets 50
RDS
On Screen Display: Main / Multi-Room
Software Upgradable (RS-232)

IN/OUTPUTS
VIDEO
Composite In / Out (incl monitor out) 5/3
S- Video In / Out 5/3
Component In / Out 2/1
AUDIO
Analog In / out 8/4
Digital Optical In / Out 3/1
Digital Coaxial In / Out 3/1

OTHER
Pre- Amplifier Out: 7.1 Channels
Multi-Channel In 1
Multi-Room Audio Out
Multi-Room Video Out (CVBS/S-Video)
RS232C
DC Triggers 2
Speaker Terminal: Screw
D.Bus in & out
Multi-Room D.Bus in & out
AC Outlets: un-switched 1
Front Inputs: audio / Composite / S-Video / Digital (Optical)
Headphone Out

SPECIFICATIONS
AUDIO SECTION
Power Output (8 Ohms RMS) 110 Watts
Signal to Noise 106 dB
Freq. Response (Analog In, +/- 3 dB)10 - 100kHz
Freq. Response (Dig In, +/- 3 dB) 8 - 45 kHz
Input Sensitivity 195 mV 47k ohm
TUNER SECTION FM
Frequency Range 87.5 - 108MHz
S/N Ratio (Mono/Stereo) 75 / 70 dB
Distortion (Mono/Stereo) 0.2 / 0.3 %
Channel Selectivity 60 dB (+-300kHz)
Usable Sensitivity IHF 1.8uV / 16.4 dBf
Channel Separation 45 dB
TUNER SECTION AM
Frequency Range 531-1602kHz
Signal to Noise 50 dB
Distortion 0,5% (400Hz 30% mod)
Channel Selectivity 70 dB (+-18kHz)

GENERAL
Color: Black / Gold
Metal Front Panel
System remote control: Pre-Programmed / Learnable
Remote control RC7300SR
Power Consumption
(stereo mode rated power) t.b.a.
Detachable Power Cable •
Maximum Dimension (W x H x D) t.b.a.
Weight t.b.a.

DavidVTHokie

Stunt Coordinator
Ok - this one is now at the top of my list (replacing the HK AVR520 that I have been eyeing for some time). Any idea when it will be released and what the target retail is going to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks