What's new

New Live AKUS SACD (1 Viewer)

TomCW

Second Unit
From the S&V article it sounds like the new AKUS live SACD may be DSD all the way, except for the audience and ambience which it says was sent to tape (analog?). Does anyone know if that means the recording is totally DSD?
Lee? Any guesses?
At any rate, I can't wait! Anyone hear of a release date?
Tom

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tom, I didn't know that the new Alison Krauss + Union Station live set is going to be released on SACD. There is no mention of it on Rounder's web site. There is mention of its impending release on CD, but nothing about an SACD.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tom, as a follow-up, here is what rounder.com says about the forthcoming live set:

Alison Krauss + Union Station
will release their first live album, Live, on November 5. The 2-disc set, recorded on their spring 2002 tour, will include classic AKUS songs such as "When You Say Nothing At All," "Baby, Now That I've Found You," "Everytime You Say Goodbye," and "Forget About It," along with new favorites such as "The Lucky One," "Let Me Touch You For Awhile," and "I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow." A full length concert DVD with bonus footage, including exclusive interviews with the band, is also under production.
Since no format is mentioned for the two-disc set, I assumed it would only be released on CD.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
From the S&V article it sounds like the new AKUS live SACD may be DSD all the way
Tom,
I did not know this was SACD but I am not surprised given the great success of the Rounder SACDs. I have no information about pure DSD or not, but it is very possible.
I love Alison Krauss and I now have all three SACDs and they all sound good and the only performance I don't like is Forget About It since it is too mellow and not bluegrass enough.
:)

TomCW

Second Unit
Keith,
The third to the last paragraph in the S&V article says in part, 'editing on the SACD was limited to choosing between the recordings...'.
This indicates, to me at least, that a SACD is in the works.
I didn't see anything about SACD at the Rounder site either.
Tom

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I agree with you in regards to Rounder SACDs, at least the two Alison Krauss discs I have. I could see a live set of Alison Krauss + Union Station sounding great not just because Rounder is doing it, but also because we are not talking about a loud rock group in a huge arena. The Krauss live set should sound great.

By the way, I also agree with your assessment of Forget About It.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tom, thanks again for the information. I'll check out this issue of Sound & Vision. The recording of an Alison Krauss performance has me intrigued.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I sent an email to Rounder regarding all this last week and have not heard back. I will report any findings as I too am impatient with the sacd arrival.:D

TomCW

Second Unit
I just got an E-mail from Rounder.
AKUS Live will be available November 5th, on Hybrid SACD!
Oh Boy!
Tom

Piers C

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone tell me where I can find the upcoming hybrid mentioned above?

So far I have only found listings for the redbook of "Live" on 11/5. I've sent an email to Rounder and they have yet to respond.

-thanks!

TomCW

Second Unit
Call Rounder Customer Service at (617) 354 0700, and tell them you want to pre-order the SACD. They don't have a price yet (at least as of last week). this is not toll free, but if you cal1 1-800-rounder, you'll probably get the sales staff who can't pre-order this.

Tomcw

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I just got off the phone with Rounder customer service(direct line is 1-617-354-0700). They THINK it will be on SACD at some later date but cannot give a time frame. She said that most of Rounder's music is going sacd so she figures it would too!:angry: She had no idea what Sound and Vision was.
As Tom Petty says; The waiting is the HARDEST part!

TomCW

Second Unit
Odd, the guy I talked to at Rounder CS last week seemed to know everything about the SACD but the price and exact release date which he thought would be mid-November.
He took my info, so I hope it really is on order.
Tom

Piers C

Stunt Coordinator
As a follow-up, I checked Amazon tonight. They have it as a Nov 19th release and full retail price is $18.98 (vs. full retail for redbook cd $19.98 - but discounted to $14.99). I am going to pre-order this in the next few days, if anyone wants to get the 10% "Share the Love" discount on my order, just send me your email address via my email or PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks