What's new

New Live AKUS SACD (1 Viewer)

Ashford Little

Stunt Coordinator
I just got off the phone with Rounder Records, and this is what they had to say.

1. The quoted release date for the "Live" SACD of November 2002 in incorrect as they thought the question pertained to the CD release.

2. The SACD is definitely going to come out, and will be "at the beginning of the year."

3. In January, possibly the 19th, a DVD Video release of the concert will be released. *The SACD release should be close to this.

4. The SACD will be a hybrid disc.

This is what I know, or at least what I've been told.

TomCW

Second Unit
Ashford,
Thanks for the update... I'm trying hard to wait for the SACD, but if I get too close to the CD, who knows what might happen. I'm getting real tired of re-purchasing my collection.
Damn, 'Guitar Town' is comming out on SACD, here I go again!
Tom

Ashford Little

Stunt Coordinator
Tom, I know and understand the feeling. But, my rant doesn't stop there either. I want a SACD/DVD-A player with digital outs (HDMI/DVI,Firewire, whatever)so this whole silly debate is over.

TomCW

Second Unit
Ashford, no kidding, but then they will come out with something new that will render everything you have now obsolete anyway. You just can't win, but at least the game is fun!
Tom

TomCW

Second Unit
According to the Rounder web site, AKUS Live SACD will be released March 18th. That's a long wait for someone as impatient as I am.:)
Tom

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tom, thanks for the information. I'll be looking for this SACD on March 18th! I wonder how much it will sell for. The CD set is budget-priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks