New James Bond DVDs sold separately?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Haden, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

Are the new James Bond DVDs released this week being sold separately, or only in the box sets? I'm only wanting to get You Only Live Twice and OHMSS, but I can't find them for sale individually online.

2. HankM

HankM Second Unit

Sorry but no, they are not. I don't know why MGM did this. Wouldn't they believe the single copies would sell more. I need Thunderball, Diamonds Are Forever and For Your Eyes Only. I believe a forum memeber posted that they will be available seperately in March-April.

3. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    That would be nice..I read somewhere maybe not until early 2005. For whatever reason, OHMSS is my favorite Bond movie, not necessarily the best one, and I'd like a really good DVD version. And most of the others mentioned above too. But I really don't want all (or even most) of the movies in the sets. IMO there are some real dogs in there...to be expected in such a long franchise (most other franchises IMO are worse, most are dogs by the second or at best the third one). Since everybody *knows* they'll eventually release the discs separately, I guess they're hoping that Christmas sales of the sets will be big.

4. Timo_T

Timo_T Auditioning

Haden,

if you have a region-free DVD player, check some european online retailers. I think all Bond flicks have been released separately here.