What's new

New HD purchase (1 Viewer)

BobbyMars

Auditioning
I ready to make the move to HD. I have a 60" Mits RPTV now.

I decided to go the HD READY route.

I have researched somewhat the various formats and am leaning towards Plasma. I have no room for a projector.

I also made the decision to go with Voom for programming...currently a Dish customer.

I would like your thoughts regarding brands and models to consider for my purchase.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Budget and size matters ALOT for a plasma.

Regarding Voom, better watch out there. You do know that they are in serious trouble right now right? They may very well be out of business this year. Enjoy it while it lasts. The board at Cablevision has stated it plans on selling Voom soon because they can't make money on it. I think they lost $400 million last year and have a limited and not growing customer base.

Elinor

Supporting Actor
Yes, over at AVS they posted info from Wall Street Journal that Dish is buying the satellite and shutting down the Voom service.

Sorry Voomers.

Bobby, Panasonic and Fujitsu are highly admired in the plasma world. As Jim says, check AVS, they have more info that you could possibly want to know. Really.

BobbyMars

Auditioning
VoOm is not done yet. They are still taking orders for installs and customer's are being billed for service well into their Feb cycle. They are still adding new HD channels.

As I continue my HD "ready" plasma search, a salesman over at CC told me that the FCC has mandated that ALL HD units have the ATSC built in....is that true? If so, what do I care if that happens if I purchase a HD ready unit...other than, if true, there would be much less of a selection of "ready" units to choose from.

I would choose to spend $4,000 on the plasma monitor. I am reasearching those models that have already been recommended to me....please keep those recommendation's coming. I would want the largest size that amount would fund.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks