What's new

New FV Sony Wegas @ Crutchfield! (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, unlike Bill, I am rather impressed by the styling. Makes my FV-series WEGA look like a clunker.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
I agree, but only when seen with the companion stand. Without the stand it leaves something to be desired. Here is a picture of the similarly styled HS500 with its stand:
121065.jpg

The FV300 is a bit less white, I believe, but otherwise the styling should be the same.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
They've effectively made a 300lb monster look like a thin LCD screen :) The borders are really nice, and tie in with the stand quite beautifully.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And to think this thing is mass produced! Looks like a one-off custom piece. Kudos to the Big S.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Jack, looks too much like the old Proscan's to me, which I never liked. Wonder if the 32" & 36" XBR's will have the black frame around it? I hate to say it but I can't stand the silver color.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
If pictures of the top of the set are released somewhere, could someone post them here? I'm curious how my center channel will fit.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Does anyone have any info on the new FS series? One of my roommates is moving out and I think he my buy my 27FS13 so I was thinking of upgrading to the new 32 inch FS series. I really hope they trickle auto 16:9 into the new FS series. Thanks!

Brandon Smith

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
So no 32" XBR anymore??? According to the article, the XBR series will only have the 34" WS, the 36" and 40" 4x3's.

Britton

Screenwriter
Hmm,do these new models by any chance do auto 16X9? If they do, I might have to go to Sears and complain about the pink bars, the uneven geometry and the buzzing noise...

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
The FV-series has the "auto 16:9" (I shouldn't generalize, I don't know if the smaller versions do, but the 32" and 36" do)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Can you also do the squeeze manually on these auto squeeze sets? Some dvd's dont have the flag to tell the tube it is a 16x9.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks