What's new

New Dayton Sub arriving tomorrow! (1 Viewer)

Gau

Stunt Coordinator
Taking the advice of forum members, I decided to 'splurge' on a Dayton 10" sub.
Having never before owned a subwoofer, I am excited, but also a bit wary.
I know there's a subwoofer calibration post somewhere here, but i couldnt find it.
I currently have a yamaha htr5740 receiver and a pair of paradigm minimonitors. i have been told to keep the front speakers as large.
Do i still have to set the crossover and such? or is there a default one that i should be ok with?

any other tips/suggestions are most welcome.

Jeff_Wi

Stunt Coordinator
Are you talking about the Titanic MKIII 10"? If so, I just bought one about 3 weeks ago. I love mine. There are better, but this is a great bargain. I have a very small room and I can easily feel the concussions on dvd's and music as well. Telarc's 1812 cannons are scary even for this single 10".

Gau

Stunt Coordinator
No, this is not the titanic mkIII. this is only the 100w version. the one thats for $129 on partsexpress.com

If i set front speakers to small, what should I set the crossover to?

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Mine is set @ 100 HZ with my Paridigm Focus'/cc270 setup to small.
I haven't even begun to give it a workout and it can hit some very heavy deep thumps, movies and music!!!!
shakes my 15x21 room substantially!!
congrats!!!

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
It shakes my living room as well. 24' x 20' with cathedral ceilings and a loft overhead. Shakes the whole house. I have it placed in the corner. This sub is fantastic, regardless of the price. Maybe not an SVS, but man, this little sub is far better than the Sony entry level and equally good as the Velo CHT-10 and JBL E150. I can't believe it was so inexspensive.

Max F

Second Unit
No doubt its well worth the money! Home theater use is very nice - it can reach 25 hz no problem, just don't expect too much for music. A good sounding "musical" sub requires mucho denaro.

Gau

Stunt Coordinator
cool, thx for the good reviews. it just came in!! its bigger than it looks, but fiance didnt complain ;)
whats the best way to connect it? it came with a red/white rca cable, but my A/V receiver has a single jack for sub-output.

edit: i connected it mono, to the red input like the sub manual says. testing it in a few.
Any suggestions on phase? power? etc.....
I guess regular TV reception doesnt really have any LFE channel info? so its mostly on cd's and dvd's that the sub shines?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.