What's new

New Cover Art - Down With Love (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Although critics didn't really take to the film, and I'm not expecting much from it - I'm dying to see this because it was filmed in cinemascope and with the set design and style, it looks wonderful.

I'll definitely give this one a rental for that reason alone.

Who knows, I may actually enjoy the film as well.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Marc,

If you enjoy movies like "Pillow Talk", this one hits the spot. It in some ways parodies and is a tribute to those type of romantic comedies, which is probably one of the reasons it didn't do well. (Competing against "The Matrix Reloaded" didn't help either.) I have a feeling it will find a home in home video.

Jason

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
October even better! so much stuff in september to buy i wish a couple more things were october releases.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Patrick, when did you hear about the release date being 10/7? DVDFile reported on 6/25 that it was being released on 9/16.

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
As Marc points out, the films claims itself as CinemaScope, and that opening title card was a joy and a half to see when I caught the picture in theatres (I hadn't read about it beforehand), but I'm still questioning whether this is a Panavision production credited to CinemaScope "tongue-in-cheek," because of its setting, or whether it is true CinemaScope. This would depend on the lenses that were used (I doubt they'd shoot in early CinemaScope, which would have a lot of image matted away in current projector set-ups, but late CinemaScope and Panavision use the same film frame, just different lenses).

I've noted one or two films that insist they were made in CinemaScope of late. 1997's animated Anastasia is another. If anyone has definite info on this, I'd love to hear it.

Either way, the DVD should be a peach. ;)

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Funny how this movie gets pretty darn good cover art and a film like "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" gets what it's getting.
I think I might actually give this one a rental. It looks like one of the least horrible romantic comedies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks