What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: All the Beauty and the Bloodshed (2022) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
92273x7hdjYU8luChd5597am1hrmmQ_large.jpg
Fearless documentary filmmaker Laura Poitras’s career-long pursuit of truth and justice finds powerful expression in an epic story of art, activism, and survival. Made in collaboration with renowned artist Nan Goldin, All the Beauty and the Bloodshedentwines the mission of PAIN—an advocacy group she founded to raise awareness about the billionaire Sackler family’s integral role in the ongoing crisis of opioid overdoses—with an intimate journey through Goldin’s life, from her rebellious adolescence and immersion in New York City’s thriving underground arts scene to her personal experiences of addiction and the AIDS epidemic. Through it all, her indelible photographs and candid reflections on memory and trauma reveal her unyielding solidarity with marginalized communities that refuse to remain silent.

FILM INFO​

• United States
  • 122 minutes
  • Color
  • 1.78:1
  • English
  • Spine #1210

DIRECTOR-APPROVED BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES​

• New high-definition digital master, approved by director Laura Poitras and artist Nan Goldin, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
    • New interview with Poitras
    • Two conversations from the 2022 New York Film Festival, one featuring Poitras, Goldin, coproducer and PAIN activist Megan Kapler, PAIN activist Harry Cullen, and lawyer and PAIN member Mike Quinn discussing the making of the film, and the other featuring Goldin on art and activism
    • Trailer
    • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing and English descriptive audio
    • PLUS: An essay by author and activist Sarah Schulman

Photography by Nan Goldin

March 12, 2024

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Just this week, I was looking at the "Year Best" lists and wondering whether to get the French blu-ray. Glad I didn't.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Very glad I held out, not watching this on HBO Max, waiting for the Criterion blu-ray. The film deserves all the plaudits awarded it. Criterion's blu-ray had a reference-quality picture and the soundtrack plays really well at home. I saw it together with my friend, who makes documentaries for a living. He had nothing but praise. A complex, gripping two hours. As a medical doctor, I probably see the subject material differently than the majority of the public. However, it's no less powerful for this. Remarkable editing too. The choice to end the film with a completely unpredictable arc, was quite disorientating. We discussed it at length.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks