What's new

"New" CABARET - Whats the difference? Answer: none (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Larry,

You NEED to let WB know how you feel. So does everyone.

You can access WB's "community" boards here:
http://boards.warnerbros.com/web/index.jsp

You have to register but from what I understand WB does read what's posted on those boards.

Registration is easy and free.

There's a general "WB movies" forum

http://boards.warnerbros.com/web/top...oard=WB+Movies

Where you can post your comments.

I'll be checking to see if I can dig up any more "direct" contact info for WB studios as well. Others please do the same and post back here what you find.

-dave :)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
most etailers have it listed as Anamorphic with the following extras

25th Anniversary Documentary Cabaret: A Legend In the Making;
Original Featurette The Recreation of an Era;
Kit Kat Klub Memory Gallery: The Film's Stars and Creators Reminisce About Making Movie Musical History;
Extensive Production Notes;
Theatrical Trailer

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The extras are accurate...the same ones as the previous release.

Yes, the back of the box is wrong and says "Enhanced for Widescreen TVs".

Interestingly enough, the specs for this release from Warner's information system says this:

That means "letterbox", in Warner-ese. As in non-Anamorphic. So they DID have the right info at hand...it just didn't get to the back of the box.

I bought my copy at Costco...open or not, back it goes!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I posted my comments at the WB community forum. :D

...It will be a real shame if after all this ranting and raving in this thread by all my fellow HTFer's if I'm the only one who bothers to post anything in their forum (which they monitor heavily)...

;)

Larry Daase

Auditioning
David--

Where did you post your comments on Warner's message board, I couldn't locate it.

Warner should still have an e-mail customer service listing on the site for feedback. It rather irks me that they don't.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
There are links to the general message area and to the specific "movies" forum in a post I made above. Specifically, my thread about the 16x9 cabaret thing is here:

http://boards.warnerbros.com/web/mes...oard=WB+Movies

But you'll need to register (painless and easy) before posting a reply in that thread.

Be sure to do it!

And agreed that WB should still have a "feedback" email address or something. I could not locate one. If anyone else does, post it here or if it's a web form tell us how to get there...but go ahead and post in the community forum as well.

If the thread gets a reasonable number of posts that's a good indicator to them that this is something worth listening to. [ spoapbox ]right now there are only 2 replies (thanks to those who posted them!)...but c'mon...the rest of you in this thread too lazy and ineffectual to actually *tell* warner how you feel and help make a difference? What good does your complaining here at HTF to anyone? DO SOMETHING for DVD and the rest of the HT community...talk to WB! [ /soapbox ]

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
David-

Done. Sorry for the delay, been away for a few days or more. Thanks for staying on everyone, I think it is important that Warners hears us on this one, we shouldn't let it slide.

Brian

Darrel Johansen

Stunt Coordinator
I was really looking forward to this one. Popped it in last night... Hey! this is the same as the previouw DVD! This one's going back for a refund.

"Enhanced for widescreen." Yeah, and there's weapons of mass destruction here somewhere, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks