1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

New 2005 Honda City and Re-designed Odyssey

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Brian Mansure, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Brian Mansure

Brian Mansure Second Unit

2. DrewSmith

DrewSmith Stunt Coordinator

The city I would say is accurate the Oddyssey on the other hand is not. That is the Japanese Honda legrande, not the New odessey, they are built on a totally different platform. The press release and pics of the 2005 Odyssey has been very Hush Hush, I'm positive once again though Honda will send the other MIni Van manufactures back to the drawing boards.

3. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I'd stay out of the city if I were you.

4. Ray Chuang

Ray Chuang Screenwriter

Right now, Honda has been very quiet about the 2005 Odyssey. It owes NOTHING to the current Odyssey design or the the Japanese-market Elysion minivan that just went on sale in Japan. My guess is that Honda will introduce a unique-for-North American body style for the new Odyssey, since the Odyssey is primarily sold for North American customers.

Honda has also more or less confirmed they are going to introduce a smaller than Civic model within one year's time. This could be the Honda Fit, though I doubt it will be based on the current Honda Fit/Jazz model sold in Japan and Europe. It will probably be an all-new platform with a slightly longer wheelbase than the current Honda Fit (in order to accommodate American-sized passengers), will sport an all-new body design, will likely sport a i-VTEC 1.5-liter I-4 engine rated around 115-120 bhp, and offer your choice of six-speed manual or CVT automatic transmissions. It will most likely be introduced at the 2005 Detroit International Auto Show in January 2005 to be sold later in 2005 as a 2006 model.

5. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor