What's new

Netflix Netflix Series - Stranger Things 4 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I watched all of Breaking Bad last year for the first time, but have no motivation to watch it again. Admiration but not affection, as you said. Plus it was kind of dark material given the circumstances in the world.

I also watched the Leftovers during the lockdown, which may have not been the best decision emotionally. But I have thought of watching that one again compared to Breaking Bad.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I watched all of Breaking Bad last year for the first time, but have no motivation to watch it again. Admiration but not affection, as you said. Plus it was kind of dark material given the circumstances in the world.

I also watched the Leftovers during the lockdown, which may have not been the best decision emotionally. But I have thought of watching that one again compared to Breaking Bad.

We're in the process of slowly watching Breaking Bad right now. Almost up to S4. Great in terms of story, characters, dialogue, etc. But very dark, like you said. Not something I'd watch to cheer me up. ;) Or to even revisit.

But also to @jayembee 's point... I was a voracious reader back in my high school days. I would be willing to wade through a boring start to a book, in the hopes of an amazing finish and payoff. Novels like Salem's Lot and Rosemary's Baby were so incredible over their last 20-25% that it was worth it to endure the mundane nature of the first half or so. But as I've gotten older, I need a novel to grab my attention pretty quickly, or my mind wanders, and wonders what else could I be reading (given time constraints)?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Today someone at work asked if this was the last season, and I clarified that is was only the penultimate season and that season 5 would be the end of the story.

This is the second person I've talked to that when watching the season thought it was supposed to be the end and was initially frustrated with the excellent (Empire Strikes Back/Infinity War-ish) ending, thinking that it was leaving the story unresolved and unfinished.

I've been thinking about why a few people I've talked to seem to have this misconception about this being the last season and the best I can come up with is that a lot of the promotional material has billed this as "The Beginning of The End". I think that's where the confusion lies. They see "The End" in promotional material and aren't processing the "Beginning of" part.

Just curious if other have come across folks thinking this was supposed to be the end and if there is some other reason that I'm missing why people may think so.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
1661370811411.gif

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Only one episode left. God please give me strength. It's been 8 days!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks