What's new

Netflix Netflix Series - Stranger Things 4 (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Seeing Jaws in theaters today reminded me that I saw an interview in which Robert Englund says that he auditioned for the part of the mayor in season 3 and that he was told that they were looking for something like the Mayor of Amity. Robert thinks he came too close to the Mayor of Amity and didn't get the part.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Stranger Things on home video does serve a good illustration to Netflix' gradual move away from physical media to exclusive streaming.
Seasons 1 & 2 both had BD releases (also DVD). Season 3 only held DVD version availability. This season (looks like) not even that. However, Netflix is doing quite well and younger people are content with digital content ; )
so I realize I'm in the small minority to want it on Bluray.
Just borrowed the Stranger Things S4 soundtrack CD and plan to give a listen. They've not managed to eliminate physical media entirely.

Recently, I was watching an episode of The Outer Limits from 1964. It was called Production and Decay of Strange Particles, and it was about a lab where something went wrong and a portal was opened to another dimension. The men of the lab had to work to close the portal before the aliens on the other side could come through. The men closest to the portal wore hazmat suits.

Sound familiar?

Not cited as an influence like Stephen King but the storyline and visuals of ...Strange Particles, just in the opening minutes even (esp. combined with the title), does seem to have been obvious inspiration. Again, good catch!
(Not recently, but) tried to watch the Outer Limits episode a couple different times and fell asleep each time. In fairness though, both were middle of the night... zzz

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Stranger Things on home video does serve a good illustration to Netflix' gradual move away from physical media to exclusive streaming.
Seasons 1 & 2 both had BD releases (also DVD). Season 3 only held DVD version availability.

Seasons 1 and 2 even had UHD releases!

(Not recently, but) tried to watch the Outer Limits episode a couple different times and fell asleep each time. In fairness though, both were middle of the night... zzz

Well, "ZZZZZ" wasn't one of the better episodes. ;)

Like pretty much any other anthology series, The Outer Limits can be hit and miss depending on the episode. "The Zanti Misfits" stills freaks the bejeesuz out of me.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm not aware of Season 3 getting any home video release.
Neither am I. I was hoping that 3 would have been released on UHD around the time that 4 was coming out, so if there was a plain DVD release it may not have been on my radar.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
OOP
Such beautiful, lush photography the first two seasons. Wasn't aware they were on UHD, but looked fabulous on Blu.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Wasn't aware they were on UHD, but looked fabulous on Blu.

Yup, the UHD/BD release for each season came out a month after the BD/DVD release. I'd, of course, picked up the BD/DVD of S1, just before the UHD/BD came out. For season 2, I waited to see if there'd be a UHD so I didn't have to double-dip a second time.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Just got around to looking @ and realized Seasons 3 & 4 Soundtrack CDs consist of various artist/hit music; "Music From" compilations with no original series music.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
OK, so it's weird to post something from 3 months ago, but...I been failing to keep up with Ryan George's Pitch Meetings, and last night, I went to YouTube to see if he'd done one for She-Hulk yet (apparently not), and came across one for Stranger Things Season 4. Enjoy. I have a comment behind a spoiler tag, because it's about something that needs to be appreciated in the PM first.

I love how Writer Guy just gives up and refers to Vecna as Voldemort.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
It appears there are various, confusingly named CDs from all four seasons - "Music From", soundtrack, score, original music....

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
It’s nice to know the writing is moving along. I know they were starting in August, but it does feel good to see a script.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Fqd-BDRaAAEa64D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks