What's new

Need some hometheater seating (1 Viewer)

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I've checked out all the usual supsects through google and via the HTFORUM, but everything I'm seeing is considerably more than I want to spend.

Here are my requirements:

Seating for 5 or 6

Total row width cannot exceed 90 inches.

I'm looking for non reclining leather or microfiber chairs with cup holders.

We need to stay under $1,000.00.

Space is somewhat of an issue since my maximum setaing distance is only 16 feet away from my screen. At two rows I'm probably looking at my front row being as close as 8-9 feet. Most of the seating I've seen seems very large and bulky. Total room dimensions are 18 x 13.

Greg

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Well since I didn't get any responses I decided to shop locally and found a set of microfiber reclining seating at value City furniture for $999.99. The set included 4 large chairs, two of which recline, 4 cup holders with built in storage compartments under the arm rest and an ottoman which opens up for some additional storage. It's a nice set for the price and will accomplish everything I need it too. The regular price was 1699.00 I beleive.

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
Have you tried calling the gals over at www.seatsandchairs.com? I'm pretty sure they specialize in this sort of thing, and if they can't help, I'm sure they could recommend someone who can.

Best Regards,

KM

EDIT: Oops! Not sure how I could have missed that obvious post above! Sounds like you made out well on your purchase! Is it the Coaster Promenade "mocha" microfiber? If so, it's a nice set, especially for that price!!!

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg

As a matter of fact it is the mocha microfiber set you referenced above. It comes in red as well but that's just a little too bold for us. The set arrives on Tuesday. My only complaint with the set is that two seats are connected and you can't place the cupholder portion between them. So with my configuration, the "loveseat" portion will go in the rear of the room with no cupholders and the two recliners will go in front with the cupholders between the two chairs. I really don't have any use for the ottoman nor do I have the space for it but since it was free i'll hang onto it. I was really hopoing to find two rows of two chairs with cupholders that don't recline for under $1,000.00 but after shopping everwhere I found that this was an impossible find!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks